Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Heckler and Koch trigger return spring tool?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnatus View Post
    A combination of heavy TRS, some lighter internal springs (such as the FPB), a standard hammer spring, and a nickel-plated sear spring.

http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-refere...-variants.html
    Thanks for the reference. All I need is the heavy TRS, and my V1 becomes a V2. I will order the springs along with the tool soon.

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    There is a 3-4# difference in the initial takeup weight between a V1 and a V2 and it's all due to the TRS.
    I had checked that with a drop weight set awhile ago and all I got was about 2 lbs take up difference between light and heavy TRS.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    I am probably 10-15K through my lighter than light LEMs. I am yet to ND with any of spring combinations, and I am hovering somewhere at 0.19-0.25 splits where I can still see sights and all the way down to 0.14 where I can't. I do find hitting upper A zone at 25 yards somehow easier with this than with V2.
    Then again, I don't manage street threats.
    Wow, .14 with a LEM, that takes being super relaxed. Is weed legal in Utah?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I had checked that with a drop weight set awhile ago and all I got was about 2 lbs take up difference between light and heavy TRS.
    When I did my weight comparisons I had just installed a brand new TRS in my P2000 and was comparing it to a well used P30L.
    If I get bored this evening I'll put a new light TRS in my P2000 and compare it to a new heavy TRS in the same pistol.
    With the time change making it dark at 4:45 cabin fever sets in and I start taking things apart and putting them back together like a meth head.
    Last edited by JodyH; 11-02-2015 at 07:33 PM.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Wow, .14 with a LEM, that takes being super relaxed. Is weed legal in Utah?
    Damn skippy.
    My LEM splits are .20-.21, I have to get out the VP9 to break into the teens.
    Last edited by JodyH; 11-02-2015 at 07:32 PM.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."

Damn skippy.
    My LEM splits are .20-.21, I have to get out the VP9 to break into the teens.
    So are mine, and if I lose concentration they go up to 0.28.
    0.14, and a bunch of 0.15 to 0.19 were a part of me figuring out how fast this thing can physically run. I can't see the sights at that speed, only slide movement. I did have a misfortune to tell GJM about it, so now he trolls me with it. And with my 0.76 P30 draw at Leatham's.

Is p2000 TRS wound in the opposite direction to P30 TRS?
    Just wondering if they are different springs.
    Last edited by YVK; 11-02-2015 at 07:52 PM.

Is p2000 TRS wound in the opposite direction to P30 TRS?
    Just wondering if they are different springs.
    Same spring, just the P30 has one longer leg to capture the slide lock lever axle.
    You can use a P2000 TRS in a P30 but the slide lock axle will come all the way out when you disassemble the gun (like it does on the P2000's).
    The last TRS I replaced in my P30 was with a P2000 spring because that's all I had at the time, made no difference in the trigger feel.
    I thought I had one of each to take a picture of but I'm out of P30 springs right now.
    Last edited by JodyH; 11-02-2015 at 07:54 PM.

YVK isn't making that draw up, here he is learning to do it with TGO:

Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BobLoblaw View Post
    I dropped a heavy TRS in a V1 and thought it was the TLG variant. So now I need a lighter firing pin block spring and a nickel-plated sear spring?
    "Need", no. It's really a very minor change on the overall package and you can skip it easily. It's very easy to replace, it's simply not necessary. Honestly if I were doing it over again I would just replace the mainspring and leave the rest of the V2 alone.
    3/15/2016

With a P2000, buy a V2 and shoot the shit out of it. If you do 12 hour shifts on a boat in the ocean buy the nickel plated flat spring.

With a P30, buy a V2 and shoot the shit out of it. If you do 12 hour shifts on a boat in the ocean buy the nickel plated flat spring. If you want to knock a pound or so off the trigger weight right at the hammer trip install a P2000 FPB spring.

I don't mess with the mainspring weight on either one of them because I like SOLID primer whacks (that's why I like hammers).
    I don't mess with the light TRS because for me it makes the takeup too light which exaggerates the "ramp up" to hammer trip the LEM has, it also makes for a weaker, slower reset.
    The light TRS makes the entire trigger travel feel vague to me, I like some tension against my finger throughout the entire trigger stroke.
    I don't mess with the nickel flatspring because the regular one polishes in just fine with use and I live in the dry ass desert and don't have to worry about corrosion.
    Thanks. That light FPB spring made a big difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bob Loblaw lobs law bombs

User Tag List