Thread: S&W 327 NG inquiry

S&W 327 NG inquiry

So I just impluse bought one of these at a local gun shop, came with a speed loader and a bunch of extra ammo, defensive and practice in both .38 spl and .357 mag. Looks relatively unused. Is there anything in particular I should know about this type of revolver? All my others have been steel frames. And is there a technique for clearing the spent cases from the cylinder due to the 2 5/8 in barrel length?
    Last edited by rcbusmc24; 10-31-2015 at 06:40 PM.

Ask Nyeti, he is the only one I know rich enough/dumb enough (pick one) to buy one.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Keep an eye on the flame shield above the barrel cylinder gap for gas cutting and I would not shoot large volume of 110 and 125 gr 357 mags because of possible flame cutting. The fixed rear sights are tuff but may not shoot poa poi but ok for minute of bad guy. SOP for short ejector revolvers, point the barrel to the sky and wack the ejector hard with your palm, gravity is your friend here or draw another gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had a 386 NG for several years. Neat gun.

My ejector rod would come loose occasionally when shooting, and make it to where you couldn't open the cylinder normally.

I was just trying to get a rise out of Darryl, but I have a 327, too (along with my 10mm version of the little 327):

I have the Performance Center 327, which I run with moon clips. Really neat gun. The only NG I have is the 329...and I am afraid to shoot it. I really like the 327's. They are a lightwieght package in a good caliber and work well with .38 +p Gold Dot.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

I have the 329 NG, and shoe horned K/L frame small Hogue grips on it for a fanny pack gun while XC skiing. Shooting it isn't for the faint of heart or hands.

Site Supporter
    I had a 329pd and shot 2 maybe 3 44 mags in it. I had a 329ng and never shot any 44 mags in it. Those guns had hot 44sp or mild 44 mags (however you want to look at it) shot in them and if I remember right they both weighted the same.

Quote Originally Posted by serialsolver View Post
    I had a 329pd and shot 2 maybe 3 44 mags in it. I had a 329ng and never shot any 44 mags in it. Those guns had hot 44sp or mild 44 mags (however you want to look at it) shot in them and if I remember right they both weighted the same.

The Garrett Defender loads in .44 magnum are almost tolerable in the little NG. However, I don't know anyone that shoots that NG for fun. I got it for brown bear defense, and its recoil is the lesser of two evils.

Site Supporter
    Yeah, kills from one end and wounds on the other.

User Tag List