Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: COPS very first episode.

COPS very first episode.

A five minute segment from the very first pilot episode of COPS. The mullets. The hair plugs. The nunchucks. The statements on camera that would get sooooo fired today, like "I'm the only white boy that belongs in this neighborhood, me and the other officers".

Take a look. Feel the nostalgia...and the nunchucks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Tom_Jones; 10-31-2015 at 04:43 PM. Reason: embedded video
    “A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

Quote Originally Posted by Gadfly View Post

Is that an actress or were they using a special camera that takes off 230 pounds?

I was more intrigued by the 89s mullet hairstyle....

“A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

A majority of my traffic stops at that time started out with "why did you stop me", "because I am the only white guy who is supposed to be in this neighborhood". What is so funny is contrary to all the media b.s, the only people I have ever stopped based purely on race and profiling for drug purchasing is white people. I usually had a vehicle code violation to go with it, but it was how I kept dope from getting sold in my beat. Hard to work the sellers in a black and white, but parking it in "their" drive up drug mart did ruin business for them. I was never on the Crips Christmas list.
    Last edited by Dagga Boy; 10-31-2015 at 07:22 PM.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    A majority of my traffic stops at that time started out with "why did you stop me", "because I am the only white guy who is supposed to be in this neighborhood". What is so funny is contrary to all the media b.s, the only people I have ever stopped based purely on race and profiling for drug purchasing is white people. I usually had a vehicle code violation to go with it, but it was how I kept dope from getting sold in my beat. Hard to work the sellers in a black and white, but parking it in "their" drive up drug mart did ruin business for them. I was never on the Crips Christmas list.
    Still works that way where I live. White people driving in black areas of town after dark are either (1) hopelessly lost or (2) cruising for drugs. The second category provides a lot of money that fuel the drug gang wars in which black lives don't matter to other blacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadfly View Post

A five minute segment from the very first pilot episode of COPS. The mullets. The hair plugs. The nunchucks.
    Was that a Ford Pinto at 2:07? Now that's some real nostalgia.

That was classic....scary, but definitely classic!
    Last edited by DocGKR; 10-31-2015 at 09:01 PM.
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

Sheriff academy had a ride along portion after the first few weeks. 8 hours in the class, flowed by an 8 hour ride along one night of the week. My first ride along, first stop, was a guy in a brand new corvette in a shit area (people dumped furniture and tires on the sides of the road). FTO said look, "white boy in a no white boy zone".

Not his car. He was a mechanic. The car was dropped off for service and this guy took it out to "test drive it"... After about five minutes he admitted he was there to buy dope, but his usual guy was not out, so he was cruising side streets for a new guy... No dope on him, but lots of cash.

I have heard the term before... But saying it on TV like the guy did back in the day would get you fired for sure today.

Quote Originally Posted by trailrunner View Post
    Was that a Ford Pinto at 2:07? Now that's some real nostalgia.
    Hey, never underestimate the power of the Pinto.

LSP552 used one to take out half of a wannabe outlaw motorcycle gang, WAY back in the day… in fact, I think that was even before he became the po-lice.

I want to get y'all's stories together and make a tv series out of them.

"Louisiana Cops", or "Coonass True Detective."

User Tag List