Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Not my words: Cops in the US would've executed him...

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    I rather not give them the opportunity.
    Right.

Nobody owes anyone else the chance to kill or maim them in a criminal assault. That's really the argument that a lot of these dunderheads want to make. If they feel so strongly on it they can go handle the problems.

I'll stick to my methods.
    3/15/2016

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    If they feel so strongly on it they can go handle the problems.
    With all respect to our police officers who do an excellent and thankless job every day of the week. It would be my preference if we had a little natural selection on this front in our society. Let's let the cops have a night off and have folks take personal responsibility for their problems. When we get up tomorrow, I bet there are some different tunes about the cops. AND there will be some different tunes about personal protection.

-Rob

Just issue the Cops nunchucks.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by BaiHu View Post
    I just saw this posted recently and felt like this could be an interesting discussion.

This could probably go into mindset/tactics or LEO, but I figured it was a good start here.

Okay folks, have at it. There's plenty in here starting with culture, economics, mindset, etc.

For the record, I think the below example of how things should be handled universally is impractical at best. Could it be used as a tactic in special circumstances? Sure, but why not bean bag the guy or use some other LTL option.

The below still has risks that are seen/unseen. Such as sending a lunatic out on the street with a machete and watch 30 cops show up so you can loot the other half of the city/town while they're busy?

Harry Callahan - Nothing wrong with shooting as long as the right people get shot!

Quote Originally Posted by BaiHu View Post
    I just saw this posted recently and felt like this could be an interesting discussion.

This could probably go into mindset/tactics or LEO, but I figured it was a good start here.

Okay folks, have at it. There's plenty in here starting with culture, economics, mindset, etc.

For the record, I think the below example of how things should be handled universally is impractical at best. Could it be used as a tactic in special circumstances? Sure, but why not bean bag the guy or use some other LTL option.

The below still has risks that are seen/unseen. Such as sending a lunatic out on the street with a machete and watch 30 cops show up so you can loot the other half of the city/town while they're busy?

After an incident like this, you'll notice that they'll ask anyone in that lives in the neighborhood about how grateful they are that the guy with the machete wasn't killed by the police.

If the cops in the US always "execute" people with knives, how do we explain so many incidents like the famed Seattle Swordsman?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtRgweQxXi8
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

TCinVA:
    The British police did not try to close distance on those guys. They waited on an armed response unit to show up and deal with them. Which they did...killing both of them.

---

My understanding is that they both lived.

Even afterwards, the British courts have demurred on executing them, after all.
    Last edited by runcible; 11-01-2015 at 08:43 AM.

"It can be done without firing a shot"... Sure and I can wear a dildo strapped to my head in church, but should I???

What a total bunch of retards... the lot of them. I vote, the next time some asshat wannabe Emperor starts dropping bombs on them we let him.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by runcible View Post
    My understanding is that they both lived.
    By Jove you're right.

I'm sad now.
    3/15/2016

Quote Originally Posted by TAZ View Post
    "It can be done without firing a shot"...
    My usual retort is to ask where they teach, and what their rates are.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

User Tag List