Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Not my words: Cops in the US would've executed him...

The basic premise of the video is correct.....he probably would have been shot in America. Sure, many of these people could be taken down with force while subjecting LEOs to greater personal risk.

So what? The LEOs have just as much a right to return home without death or greivous bodily harm as anyone else.....I don't personally see how a violent perp's life is worth more than anyone elses.

In America, no LEO owes any EDP, scumbag, ect their life or limb. There is no special relationship created by you being a violent criminal that places a Constitutional duty on LEOs to protect your life, especially when you're threatening others. That's well established in our culture and case law. If anyone wants to change that dynamic, they've got a lot of work ahead of themselves.
    Last edited by TGS; 10-31-2015 at 12:32 PM.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    1) "Executed"...? You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

2) You are presuming that the world would not be a better place with that guy out of it.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

The general public seems to have a warped view on how officers' should deal with individuals armed with edged weapons. Some gems that I've heard include;

The police should shoot the knife out of their hand

Wrestle them

Learn kung-fu

Choot 'em in the leg

etc etc etc.

Seems like another good use for the Leeroy Jenkins take down method.

"The rocket worked perfectly, except for landing on the wrong planet." - Wernher Von Braun

http://www.teampegleg.com

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BaiHu View Post
    Agreed. I think it was nyeti who said, "luck can often breed bad tactics" or something to that effect.
    I think it is a Chuck Haggard saying: " fortuitous outcomes reinforce bad tactics"

Anything can work once. That doesn't mean it will work on a consistent basis.

If you bring shields to a sword fight, you lost before you woke up that morning.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    If you bring shields to a sword fight, you lost before you woke up that morning.
    That's exactly the point.

Observe the reactions of the narrarator and the interviews. They're edited from the position that Mr Machete is a decent man who would have received an unjust bullet because he's a decent fella who deserves help.

The scary thing about that video is not that one guy with a blade could tie up fifty officers for more then 30 minutes. Nor is it that unarmed combat with a dude packing a blade is now official policy.

No, the scary thing to me is that an act so stupid ancient Romans would have laughed at it is not only held up as an example to follow, but that the effective and necessary tactics of us Yankees is denigrated as violent and backwards. Pretty soon well get fined for swearing in public.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Quote Originally Posted by GardoneVT View Post
    That's exactly the point.

Observe the reactions of the narrarator and the interviews. They're edited from the position that Mr Machete is a decent man who would have received an unjust bullet because he's a decent fella who deserves help.

The scary thing about that video is not that one guy with a blade could tie up fifty officers for more then 30 minutes. Nor is it that unarmed combat with a dude packing a blade is now official policy.

No, the scary thing to me is that an act so stupid ancient Romans would have laughed at it is not only held up as an example to follow, but that the effective and necessary tactics of us Yankees is denigrated as violent and backwards. Pretty soon well get fined for swearing in public.
    It is something else is it not? The way the British, and other "non-violent" countries, take on armed persons.

The whole thing is one big hypocrisy, from sparklefart's "this doesn't happen anywhere else in the world" to the fact that even Russia went pro-gun because its citizens needed to be able to defend themselves, following Israeli ideology.

My take on the subject is simple, and I am sure other LEO's (and switched on CCW folks - had to throw that term in there ) agree, we want to save lives, all lives, but the moment a person decides that they want to seriously injure and/or kill us, we have no problem protecting the general public from that threat. After-all, if they are willing to injure and/or kill a public servant in full uniform, what would they do to the seemingly defenseless citizenry?

I rather not give them the opportunity.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackdog View Post
    Here's a video from Central America where cops tried to arrest a guy with a knife. All the Cops were armed and he still managed to stab several before he got shot. Starts at 4:00.

Because that guy meant business.

Drummer Rigby was run down and beheaded in the street by two jihadists armed with edged weapons.

The British police did not try to close distance on those guys. They waited on an armed response unit to show up and deal with them. Which they did...killing both of them.

If one wished to be dimwitted about it, one could say they...executed them.

It seems, then, that even the kinder, gentler policing method shown in the video has its limits...and that even the kinder gentler police have need to shoot a motherfucker in the face.
    Last edited by TCinVA; 10-31-2015 at 04:35 PM.
    3/15/2016

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    Because that guy meant business.
    And the cops did not. The cop with the AK that hit the subject with the baton barely gave him a love tap. Pretty pathetic strike.

User Tag List