Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122

Thread: Beretta 92D

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Try painting that cavity white - it should gather even more light, and it needs something more than just oil to protect it from rusting.

Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post
    ....5 of its 7 years of production were during the Assault Weapons Bill's timeframe, subjecting the gun to an inherent magazine capacity restriction of 10 round magazines in a weapon whose frame was designed for 15 round magazines,....
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    The AWB and 92D production also coincided with the rise of the .40 cal. There seem to be many more 96D models in circulation than 92D models which is unfortunate because the Beretta is great 9mm but a poor choice for the .40.
    Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post
    Excellent point. The .40 cartridge was definitely ascendant during that timeframe, and a 96 was easily viewed as coming to the table with a more powerful and effective caliber, and doing so in the same envelope as the 92-so users perceived that if they were restricted to 10 round magazines, they'd be better off with 10+1 rounds of .40 than 9mm in the same platform.
    These were the exact reasons I bought a 96D Centurion......a whole lot easier to swallow giving up 1 round of capacity instead of 5.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    Try painting that cavity white - it should gather even more light, and it needs something more than just oil to protect it from rusting.
    I'm not too worried about corrosion. I've never had a problem with corrosion (despite living on the rainy west coast) since I started protecting my guns with G96 over a decade ago. I will watch it closely, but I would be shocked if it started to cause me any problems.
    "Next time somebody says USPSA or IPSC is all hosing, junk punch them." - Les Pepperoni
    --

User Tag List