Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Beauty and the Beast

Beauty and the Beast

Two .38 three inch guns. One may be the most elegant ever made and the other the toughest .38 ever made. Enjoy...
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Site Supporter
    I know Colts are cosmetically pretty, but I find them less refined feeling than an early S&W of the same size and era. Colt triggers, at least the ones I've fired, are too narrow for comfortable DA shooting and the action feels weird (more than the wrong-turning cylinder).

Chris

That Ruger is sort of elegant.

The Ruger is a beast. The 3" Detective Special is dwarfed by it. The Colt is really a neat gun. Made my birth year, last of the 2nd serious long frames, and the serial number is my Academy class year and my birthday. I was meant to own it. Has the box,original paperwork and original receipt. It is one I will make sure my daughter keeps along with some other very special Colts.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.

That Colt looks like it should be in a shoulder holster under Sam Spade's jacket.

Okie John

Very nice revolvers. I notice you use the word "elegant" for the Colt and I'm going to have to think about that. I think a nicely blued, 3 inch, bull barrel, Model 10 is one of the best looking .38's around, but is it more "elegant" than the Colt? That is going to take some pondering.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    That Ruger spoke to me telepathically and said it wanted new grips. The Colt knew I was too low brow to speak to.
    Last edited by BehindBlueI's; 10-30-2015 at 05:35 PM.

Davidson's recently offered the GP 100 1708 - adjustable sight .357 that looks just like your .38.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    That Ruger spoke to me telepathically and said it wanted new grips. The Colt knew I was too low brow to speak to.
    I'm working on it now....I so wish VZ made grips, or even panels for the compact factory grips for it. If anyone has a set of Uncle mikes for the GP-100, I would like to buy them.

A three-inch GP100. Truly a man of class and distinction would own such a fine weapon.

I am seriously debating picking up a three-inch S&W Model 36 that I have my eye on.

User Tag List