Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Week 136: Sweet Sixteen

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    I can make out the vertical white card, centered on the wider than the card HD front, using 6 o'clock hold. Its fuzzy and all. It's just the press. I was getting real good presses and hearing Hackathorn say to imagine that empty case balanced on the front sight for every shot.

oh . . . and uhmmm . . . bullet proof coffee today. Just sayin
    Ahhh thanks, 6 o'clock hold makes sense. I think my CZ is sighted in so dot on the front sight = POI, so not sure how to manage that. : Oh well, guess I'll just have to learn how to shoot it that way.

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post

oh . . . and uhmmm . . . bullet proof coffee today. Just sayin

Maybe I need to start drinking coffee instead of diet pop. I think I am old enough.

JHC convinced me to shoot this...

I shot this instead of my normal warm-up. I used a GEN4 G17 with Heinie Ledge sights and 115-grain Blazer (aluminum).

I started at 25 yards and moved back in 1 yard-ish increments.

Last hit was at 37 yards. Missed my first/last shot from the 38.
    C Class shooter.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin B. View Post
    I shot this instead of my normal warm-up. I used a GEN4 G17 with Heinie Ledge sights and 115-grain Blazer (aluminum).

I started at 25 yards and moved back in 1 yard-ish increments.

Last hit was at 37 yards. Missed my first/last shot from the 38.
    Yeah I might have insinuated it was to be shot cold. I kid I kid. I warmed with your 150 drill plus checking holds on a dry run to 30. So lathered up basically lol
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Gave this an attempt today with the Beretta. Started at 15 yards and made it to 27 yards. I forgot to record where I dropped my shots and left the index card at the range, but obviously I dropped 3 somewhere in there. I also wanted to try it out with my reloads for the 1911 as .45 semi-wadcutters leave such beautiful round holes, but ran out of time. I'll give this another shot next time.
    Last edited by Matt O; 11-01-2015 at 04:39 PM.

Started on the 3 yard line (ego boost) and ended up on the 14.

I have adjusted my support hand grip and it has paid off big time. My misses where clearly miss aligned sights vise me pushing the gun durning the trigger press.

Mike

Was able to shoot this today with my M&P 9 Pro Series. Started at the 5 and got to the 18. Dropped 2 rounds at the 16 letting sights drift to the right. Got my concentration back and made the next ones. Good exercise. Will be using it again starting a little farther back. Felt pretty good after this so tried the iHack again. Should have saved my ammo and time. Got a lot to work on yet.

G19 Gen3.
    Start: 10 yards
    End: 17 Yards

1 miss at 15 yards.
    2 at 16 yards.
    3 at 17 yards, thus ending the drill.

I shot this with 4 different pistols today.

Gen 3 G-17 Started at 5 yards, ended at 22 yds. 3 misses.
    Name:  IMG_0659.JPG
Views: 114
Size:  35.0 KB

Kahr PM9 Started at 5 yards I think, ended at 17 yds. 10 hits, missed 3 at 18 yds. Misses were about 1 inch high in a tight group.
    Name:  IMG_0660.JPG
Views: 116
Size:  29.6 KB

CZ P-01 Started at 5 yards, ended at 24 yards. clean run, 16 hits.
    Name:  IMG_0662.JPG
Views: 125
Size:  30.2 KB

CZ-75 Started at 5 yards, ended at 23 yds. 15 hits, 1 miss at 23 yds.
    Name:  IMG_0663.JPG
Views: 117
Size:  33.8 KB

After each shot, I took a giant step backwards, so the distances might not be exact.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Nesbitt View Post
    CZ-75 Started at 5 yards, ended at 23 yds. 15 hits, 1 miss at 23 yds.

Oh, you have a CZ 75 too! I had a POA/POI question.... I shot this drill with the index cards sideways, and as far as I could tell I should be driving the dot and not holding at 6 oclock with the factory installed night sights. However, I couldn't see the index cards really due to the width of the front sight once I was at like 15 yards. I noticed you were shooting with the index cards vertical. Are you still able to see a small white blob at the top of your sight while driving the dot?

User Tag List