Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone have experience with steel jackted ammo

The 124gr RWS is slightly more accurate than Lawman and significantly more accurate than any Blazer loading in my experience.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by ReverendMeat View Post
    I don't recall ever having a malfunction with steel cased ammunition but once (HK P2000, failure to eject, IIRC)..
    Stops both of my P30 in their tracks within half box of ammo, failure to extract. Need to take the gun apart to clear it too.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

I've never owned something that choked on steel jacketed ammo, period but I don't try new handgun designs at all. Glock/AR15, done
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    Stops both of my P30 in their tracks within half box of ammo, failure to extract. Need to take the gun apart to clear it too.
    Perhaps due to the step in the chamber?

Going for tiny improvements in gas seal and perhaps accuracy at the expense of reliability does not seem like a good trade off for me.

Huh. Now I'm going to have to shoot some in my P30 next time.

I have been working the VP9 and p2000 mostly, since it carry the p2000 the most. Neither of these have had any issues in 5-700 RDS each.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have shot lots of Brown Bear through a P30. Its my go to training ammo for the past few years.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I've never owned something that choked on steel jacketed ammo, period but I don't try new handgun designs at all. Glock/AR15, done
    There is a lot to be said for this philosophy, even if I've never been able to follow it myself.

Quote Originally Posted by TiroFijo View Post
    Perhaps due to the step in the chamber?

Going for tiny improvements in gas seal and perhaps accuracy at the expense of reliability does not seem like a good trade off for me.
    or you could just use brass case ammo...

Quote Originally Posted by JFS811 View Post
    I see some good bulk deals for 9mm ammo out there but they use steel for the jacket instead of brass. Should I stay away from this stuff or is it good for target shooting?

http://www.bulkammo.com/bulk-9mm-amm...00tulammo-1000

Thanks, Jay
    Hi jay, the steel is used for the case, not for the jacket. It is a big difference.

Some of the coatings used to keep the case from corroding mess with some guns. I've never thought it was worth it.
    Ignore Alien Orders

User Tag List