Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: First 1911

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    I'd buy a steel frame gun to practice and compete with. If this will be your ONLY 1911, then it will likely end up seeing a lot of use.

In my experience, a well set up 45 is more mechanically forgiving than any other cartridge.

If you stick with a 9mm, I'd stick with Wilson.
    If you're going to go 9mm, and shoot it regularly. I'd recommend a Steel frame as well. The weight will help with the recoil (debatable how beneficial in 9mm) and handling characteristics.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    Is there truth to a statement that 9 mm 1911 is better served by a shorter 4-4.5 inch slide options? If yes, that could be a better carry choice.
    Yes and no. If the only thing you were changing were the slide mass, then yes. It would.

If I were interested in doing a 9mm "1911", I'd be looking at the no lug 9mm barrels.

JMO, YMMV, CHBQ'ed

Quote Originally Posted by BWT View Post
    If you're going to go 9mm, and shoot it regularly. I'd recommend a Steel frame as well. The weight will help with the recoil (debatable how beneficial in 9mm) and handling characteristics.
    I'll keep following the ballistic radio pistol and see how it does. But they way I see it is this... If we have so many steel slide/aluminum frame 9mm pistols (Sig, Beretta, CZ) and they run fine... Why not a 1911 chambered in the same caliber?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List