Thread: Theater Post Mortem Analysis of Wounding

Theater Post Mortem Analysis of Wounding

For anyone in the know i.e. "DOC",

Does the gov't study wounding in theater in the way of post mortem exam to extrapolate efficacy etc., with that purpose in mind. Thanks for your insight.

Dave

Are you asking if autopsies on dead enemy fighters are being done? Good question. While I have heard of some toxicology results being available after certain events, I do not know if anything resembling a domestic-style autopsy is going on in-theater.

I don't know, but I seriously doubt it, at least as far as autopsies go.
    I really could not care less what happens to a dead terrorist, but I'd be willing to bet a whole lotta money that anyone in a position to make such a policy would faint at the thought of the side-effects International Relations-wise. Or domestic, for that matter.
    We are long past the days when a government's officials/representatives could shoot mutineers out of the barrels of guns and be applauded for it.

Somebody someplace may very well be tracking wound ballistics information, but even there it would be a sensitive subject.
    Last edited by Drang; 10-30-2015 at 12:41 PM.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

It'd be interesting if they did track this sort of thing, about all a terrorist is good for is watching how various devious weapons affect them.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

We need to bring back the firing squad as the death penalty. Then they can test all kinds of rounds.

User Tag List