Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Firearm Insurance against theft, burglary, etc.

Site Supporter
    Any updates on who offers the best Firearm theft/damage insurance these days? I am looking for something away from my homeowners policy that specializes in firearms. In light of recent companies refusing to do business with firearms, I want to be proactive in my approach to insurance.

Is Eastern the way to go?
    Last edited by Guinnessman; 06-12-2018 at 11:14 AM.

I went with these guys on the recommendation of JA Chiarillo who does my firearms instructor insurance. They are writing coverage that is provided by Travelers. I have not made a claim so I am not sure how that part actually goes...

https://www.corevensguninsurance.com...ms-collectors/

I would add that in 2007 I was insured with the NRA program for a 5 digit sum when we suffered a total loss house fire. Collecting from them was actually worse than my experience with State Farm on the house and contents which generally sucked. I switched and vowed never to go with another NRA program.
    Last edited by fatdog; 06-12-2018 at 12:34 PM.

Weird, I was looking this up TODAY wanting to switch from the NRA insurance and this came up. The Eastern looks good. Anybody with experiences with them now?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ldunnmobile View Post
    Weird, I was looking this up TODAY wanting to switch from the NRA insurance and this came up. The Eastern looks good. Anybody with experiences with them now?
    I recently moved to a new home and bought a policy from Eastern to supplement my State Farm homeowner's coverage. The application process was a breeze. The cost for $45,000 coverage was $150 annually. The policy does exclude theft from an unlocked vehicle. Don't do that. From the Big Empty, ELN.

Whats the current thoughts on this today? Ive changed homeowners ins and dont like how the new company handles firearms insurance nor their rates.
    “Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

User Tag List