Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Striking with the Muzzle

Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post
    Is polymer going to bend too?
    It might, but it pops right back. Metal frames do not spring back.

Looks something like this when it happens;
    Name:  S&W bent trigger guard.jpg
Views: 194
Size:  84.9 KB

Is that due to the slide physically being pushed back after impacting someone, or just inertia?
    The slide being pushed back at speed.
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

The better practice is to NOT shove the muzzle into the adversary to fire but to retract the pistol back to a well indexed retention position
    I Agree

In a close contact as in ( I can smell what you had for lunch) against a drawn weapon my method would be to control the other weapon with my week hand if possible, weapon side bladed away from the B G before I brought another weapon in play, Two weapons in play could = a tie, not recommended. Draw my weapon canted out from my body, butt of the weapon pressed against my body. Depending on the engagement
    fire 2 rounds. NO, I would not press the muzzle into the B G,s body. Depending on the weapon and the intensity of the recoil spring I could push the slide out of battery, perp could have something hard in a pocket, could hit a chest bone or a rib and there is always the possibility of body armor.

As for defending in a none life threatening situation or you might say just to get a point across, I might strike with the weapon.

How depends, on the situation, facing front and a non lethal threat comes from my right side they will probably get the side of the pistol,
    So on and so on. Close contact and jab with the pistol ? I don't think so, + I would never extend my weapon out to perform a strike,
    why present a take away situation.

Just a few thoughts , but naturally when the adrenaline is flowing strange things happen. That's why I practice till I don't get it wrong.
    Last edited by gray wolf; 12-15-2015 at 07:32 PM.

User Tag List