Thread: Safariland 6378 for the P30... I like but have some issues/questions...

Safariland 6378 for the P30... I like but have some issues/questions...

First off, I like this holster. It grabs and holds my P30 nicely, and after only a couple of practice draws manipulating the release lever has become second nature (still bobble it like 1 out of 20 tries, but getting better. Gotta be deliberate with that thumb.) My issues/questions or quibbles are as follows...
    1) I'm running it with the paddle and not the belt loop. The hook that catches the bottom of my belt is an all mightly pain in the butt to get over my belt and pants, and I'm concerned I'm going to break the paddle trying to get it on and/or off. Is there something I can do to make it easier but not too easy?
    2) The front wing curvature into the body is a bit much for my taste. Am I able to do something to change that? Will hitting it with a hair dryer carefully allow me to reshape the paddle a bit without compromising the material? I guess it's designed to be worn more aft of the hip, whereas I prefer more of a 9 or 10 o'clock position (i'm a lefty. that'd be 3 or 2 o'clock for you wrong-minded people. )
    3) I wish the cant and ride height could be adjusted. I'm more of a high ride with forward cant type of guy. I see that cant adjustment is possible with the belt loop, but I'd like to stick with the paddle for now for when I need to get naked for various reasons.

Otherwise, I can say that, my custom leather holster (no or Level 1 retention I guess you could describe it as) is more comfortable to wear, but I *feel* more comfortable with the retention on the 6378.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Harden the f..k up, get a QLS fork and mount it on that, and operate. You will be fine.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    In addition to the paddle and the belt loop that normally come with the ALS holster, there is also a tech lock type locking clip which can be used to attach the Safari land holster's to your belt for quick on and off.it should write a bit higher like the belt loop does. I believe that same ALS holster with the clip is the model 6379, however I'm sure if you call Safari land they will sell you the clip

User Tag List