Thread: PSA on BVAC 9mm ammo....again

PSA on BVAC 9mm ammo....again

Went with an old case (2010/2011) of BVAC 9mm, the stuff that I got as a group buy when no 9mm could be found and in a Glock 40-9 barrel for a Glock 23 and had 4 stuck rounds in the chamber. After that I did a crazy thing and shot 30 rounds of wolf 9mm and it shot well and grouped well. Shot 15 rounds of 115 +p+ and it shot better.

The range guy and I used a go/no go measurement gauge on the 4 loaded rounds and it seems like they were not full length resized. They would not fit fully in the gauge. We shot the rest through my old Glock 17 with factory barrel and the other box shot with no issues. Accuracy sucks, wolf, bear, and cci aluminum are more accurate.

The barrel on the 40-9 barrel in the 23 and my Glock 17 are now really dirty, I mean worse than tula in a AR dirty with this ammo. Case issue and I am assuming a slower burning powder is another contributing issue.

I am going to regulate all remaining Bvac ammo for the Glock 17. I was wondering why I was shooting worse than normal but after shooting wolf 9mm I was shooting better than my previous 5 range trips all with bvac ammo (just trying to use it up).

I know it's not 9mm, but my former department range master loved BVAC for some reason and bought a bunch of the .40 180 grain copper plated flat point from this company. That crap was so gawd awful horrible that we had an over abundance of malfunctions (predominately failure to eject / double feed and failure to fire), wild inaccuracy and even rounds that would occasionally keyhole out of our G23 barrels at 25 yards. The new range masters tried to run a failure drill training session earlier this year and they didn't even need to set up the intentional malfunctions as this stuff took care of it for them ahead of time. After the former guy left, we started buying 180 grain Winchester (Q4238 I believe) off the state's contract at a price equal or lower than BVAC's standard pricing, and we haven't had any problems since.
    Remember the children of Beslan.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    I had a friend from Montana who bought BVAC "factory second reloads" from a BVAC employee who sold them to him in a Walmart parking lot. One was definitely double charged and blew the mag out his glock during a match. That just about says it all for me.

The guy that started BVAC worked at HSM before jumping ship and starting his own company. He was shady as hell and a douchebag. I strongly suspect, but could not prove, that he started BVAC with stuff he stole from HSM when he was working there. HSM rounds were of higher quality but I have seen one .40, one 9mm and several ARs in 5.56 blown up by HSM. The QC at BVAC was even worse.

I wouldn't use their ammo if it was given to me for free.
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

User Tag List