Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: "Ferguson Effect"?

Its happening all over, small towns & big cities, suburban counties, you name it. It wasn't just caused by the aftermath of Brown's felonious assault on Wilson but how that has been allowed to play out is no small part of it. Look Chicago's mayor, Rahm Emanuel who was also an Obama chief of staff. When he's telling people that cops aren't working because they don't want to be the next viral video, its a clue.

Across the profession, management has abdicated its responsibility educate the community. Nyeti's right, DpdG is sooooo right, gawd is he correct.

There's this one agency ... where a few years ago cops could barely get on the air on weekends a few years back, now it's quiet the vast majority of the night. Contacts are way down, arrests ... wut? If one considers the risk of being the next sacrificial lamb and nothing, nothing all at coming from the courts to the crook, why would you?
    That one agency always got really solid laterals and could count on the fingers of one hand the number of people who left - nearly always for family reasons. Now? Its hemorrhaging BADLY, supervisors, guys with multiple specialties, new guys off training, they are all leaving.

Yeah, this is an issue. Some places worse than others.

Angus McFee--Well said and 100% accurate.
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

Quote Originally Posted by Angus McFee View Post
    Its happening all over, small towns & big cities, suburban counties, you name it. It wasn't just caused by the aftermath of Brown's felonious assault on Wilson but how that has been allowed to play out is no small part of it. Look Chicago's mayor, Rahm Emanuel who was also an Obama chief of staff. When he's telling people that cops aren't working because they don't want to be the next viral video, its a clue.

Across the profession, management has abdicated its responsibility educate the community. Nyeti's right, DpdG is sooooo right, gawd is he correct.

There's this one agency ... where a few years ago cops could barely get on the air on weekends a few years back, now it's quiet the vast majority of the night. Contacts are way down, arrests ... wut? If one considers the risk of being the next sacrificial lamb and nothing, nothing all at coming from the courts to the crook, why would you?
    That one agency always got really solid laterals and could count on the fingers of one hand the number of people who left - nearly always for family reasons. Now? Its hemorrhaging BADLY, supervisors, guys with multiple specialties, new guys off training, they are all leaving.

Yeah, this is an issue. Some places worse than others.
    I just saw a news report that new recruiting is down. 18-28%.
    Cody

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    That a well-regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state;

This may very well be a turning point for domestic law enforcement in America if people's attitudes about law and order don't change. But honestly, I don't see that happening as what we're seeing is a natural manifestation of the leftist ideology which show no signs of being curtailed.
    The path of least resistance will seldom get you where you need to be.

I thought the effect was cyclical, and we're in a downward trend currently.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Just look at the incident in Richland S.C. The video shows this terrible deputy trying to extract a female student from a desk. Looks bad.........however; everybody leaves out the part the she was told to get up and leave the classroom by the teacher, various school administrators, and likely given multiple commands by the officer to get up from the desk and leave the room, and she refused all of them. At some point somebody needs to make her. In the future, I doubt an officer will. I am in a school regularly and the amount of disrespect for teachers, security officers and SRO's is literally disturbing......and I am in a not horrible Middle School. There are zero consequences of any worth. These kids are learning now what comes into play later....there is no consequences and the LEO's are now always assumed to be wrong, and especially if you are of some special victim class group. Folks are now shocked that LEO's simply do not give a crap any longer.

The President is talking now to police about Us and Them and in some negative way........and he is the Instigator in Chief. It is unbelievable how oblivious folks are.
    Last edited by Dagga Boy; 10-27-2015 at 02:24 PM.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

By rep this FBI Director cannot be intimidated. His comments were strong enough that the WH mouthpiece thought it worth trying to contradict him.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

We are headed for some dark and bloody years, and it will get worse, probably much worse, before it gets better.

A massive Thank You to all of the LEOs out there who have to put up with this shit.

Okie John

Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    Just look at the incident in Richland S.C. The video shows this terrible deputy trying to extract a female student from a desk. Looks bad.........however; everybody leaves out the part the she was told to get up and leave the classroom by the teacher, various school administrators, and likely given multiple commands by the officer to get up from the desk and leave the room, and she refused all of them. At some point somebody needs to make her. In the future, I doubt an officer will. I am in a school regularly and the amount of disrespect for teachers, security officers and SRO's is literally disturbing......and I am in a not horrible Middle School. There are zero consequences of any worth. These kids are learning now what comes into play later....there is no consequences and the LEO's are now always assumed to be wrong, and especially if you are of some special victim class group. Folks are now shocked that LEO's simply do not give a crap any longer.

The President is talking now to police about Us and Them and in some negative way........and he is the Instigator in Chief. It is unbelievable how oblivious folks are.
    This case perfectly highlights several underlying issues that are relevant to the discussion;

1. If Teacher's hadn't incrementally abrogated their authority in the classroom over the years, the need for an SRO to handle classroom discipline would be a moot point.

2. If LEO's don't force a correction in an apparent path to incrementally abrogate their authority in the streets, the results will most likely be same.
    The path of least resistance will seldom get you where you need to be.

nyeti: as the father of a 2nd grader, that type of thing scares the ever living crap out of me.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

User Tag List