Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: "Ferguson Effect"?

Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    Bwahahahaha.

Exactly!

School didn't hold a candle to my old man. Or to my mother, for that matter. If I had refused a direct order from a teacher, then the Witness Protection Program couldn't have saved me.

Okie John
    They would usually give us the option "Swats or detention?". I'd always opt for the swats, because they didn't inform your parents. With detention, my mom would know what I did.

Where's Ben Field's attorney?

Let's see how this one goes:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?time_con...&v=OBmDIHXVnTU
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

Apologies for the necro-post, but I decided against starting a new thread: I saw on the news last night that Michael Brown's mother was in Seattle at a BLM meeting, touting her new book, Tell The Truth and Shame The Devil.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by Drang View Post
    Apologies for the necro-post, but I decided against starting a new thread: I saw on the news last night that Michael Brown's mother was in Seattle at a BLM meeting, touting her new book, Tell The Truth and Shame The Devil.
    Fitting title if she's talking about her son.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Interesting (and worrying) development in the anti-gun rhetoric.

In the first few minutes of this video, Horowitz attributes the rise in violent crime in the Ferguson Effect era to loosened gun control laws (citing a study in Missouri), rather than to the anti-police activism and associated drawdown of police activity. It's the first time I've heard it, but the twist of reason and ignoring of evidence is such a strong pivot for their side that I fully expect this to be a new drum beat. If a listener hasn't been paying attention and is completely unaware of the Ferguson Effect, the correlation in the data when studies are performed in limited areas may be convincing, rather than being another example of obvious anti-gun lying and manipulation. "The sky really is falling, and it's because of those scary, dangerous, hateful Republicans removing the laws that keep you safe."

User Tag List