Thread: Concealing the Glock 21

Concealing the Glock 21

Has anyone given this a try? What holster did you use? Is it too thick for IWB?

There was a time in my life when I carried a large frame Glock- a 20 in my case. I carried it strong side 4:00ish in a Comp Tac CTAC to good effect.

Naturally it'll depend on your build and manner of dress, but hiding a full size Glock is not out of the question with a good holster\belt combo.
    Nobody is impressed by what you can't do. -THJ

As BOM pointed out, body shape and dress style fill have some factor in how you carry the G21. It is only marginally bigger than a G17, but this can be enough to look like you have a tumor on your waist if you are a thin person and don't dress for it.

IWB would work fine for this. I also recommend around 4 o'clock carry (the grip tucks up nicely in that little hollow spot). Choose a holster that distributes the weight and breaks up the outline of the gun. Most important, be sure it is anchored to a solid belt that can support the gun all day.

Something like my P-1 would work well for the G21
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell
    http://www.jrcholsters.com

Site Supporter
    To the OP, I think we could speak a bit more specificaly if we know what kind of gear you have and what your build is like.

Having said that, in general terms: concealment of a G21: presuming a permissive enviroment, concealed means concealed, it does not mean invisible to the trained eye at less than 1 meter. IWB or AIWB would be ideal.

My solution is to carry the platform that I can fight with best and simply dress around it using a quality holster, belt, wicking undershirt and a square bottomed or otherwise untucked cover garment.

david
    www.vcdgrips.com UOTE][/QUOTE]

I don't carry it often but my G21 SF RTF2 carries comfortably and conceals well in a FIST #1K with FBI cant ($45). Conceals "well". Not as well as a G19 on my 5'11" slim build.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Thanks to all those who replied.

User Tag List