Thread: Quantico Shooting Club Requires Background Check

Quantico Shooting Club Requires Background Check

The new rule requires vetting of all civilians going to shoot at Quantico.
    Please be aware. Here is the text from Rayna's email:

I talked with the Provost Marshall Assist on Thursday the 8th of October. During the discussion a couple of things were cleared up. Please see below.

1. If you are DoD and have a CAC card you do not have to be vetted. If dependent only comes with you then they will not need to be vetted. If your dependent wishes to come on the range WITHOUT you they will need to be vetted.

2. If your dependent has a Dependent ID that gets them on Base they do not need to be vetted. If they do not have an ID then they need to be vetted.

3. In regards to matches. If you are NOT a member and shoot matches at the club you DO have to be vetted however you only have to do this ONCE a year. NOT for every match so please send me the paperwork and put a note stating that you are a match shooter and not a member. This will put you on a separate list. Please also put in the note which matches you THINK you will shoot. If you do not come it doesn't matter.

Link to Vetting documents are at the top of this page. Please do NOT email them to me since they hold important information. Please mail them to PO Box 212 Quantico VA 22134.

If you have already turned in your paperwork and are wondering whether you are cleared to come on base please note that no news is good news. I will only contact people if there is a problem with their vetting.

Thank you for your patience. Please continue to be patient and understanding while I learn this new process.

Needs Vetting Does NOT Need Vetting.
    Civilians DoD employees with CAC card
    DoD dependents who come without DoD employee Retired Military with ID
    Retired DoD Spouse/Dependent
    with retired Military ID
    Non-Members Shooting Matches

Rayna Sprouse
    Post Office Box 212 ● Quantico, VA 22134 ● 703.463.8214
    LINK TO VETTING DOCUMENTS: http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001goJc_...DahlMM5nWT5Q==
    That a well-regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state;

When are the IDPA Matches typically held at Quantico? Let me know next time you plan to shoot a match there and I will sign up. No problem filling out the paperwork. Who should the application be addressed to beyond simply the PO Box?

Edit: Looking at the form, it states "PLEASE DO NOT RETURN COMPLETED FORM TO THE ABOVE ADDRESS. Completed form should be submitted to the Base Registrar". Are you sure that the instructions to mail it in are correct? Who do we contact with questions about the form and form processing?

Since my access to Quantico would be for personal hobby reasons, I'm not sure I want anyone one contacting my supervisor since access is not work related? The form seems like it is designed for contractors as you have to initial in line 30: I understand that I am required to return my Local Population Identification Card to the Base Pass Office when it expires or if my employment is terminated for any reason

Can you get some guidance on the above?
    Last edited by zeroflux; 10-23-2015 at 01:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zeroflux View Post
    When are the IDPA Matches typically held at Quantico? Let me know next time you plan to shoot a match there and I will sign up. No problem filling out the paperwork. Who should the application be addressed to beyond simply the PO Box?

Edit: Looking at the form, it states "PLEASE DO NOT RETURN COMPLETED FORM TO THE ABOVE ADDRESS. Completed form should be submitted to the Base Registrar". Are you sure that the instructions to mail it in are correct? Who do we contact with questions about the form and form processing?

Since my access to Quantico would be for personal hobby reasons, I'm not sure I want anyone one contacting my supervisor since access is not work related? The form seems like it is designed for contractors as you have to initial in line 30: I understand that I am required to return my Local Population Identification Card to the Base Pass Office when it expires or if my employment is terminated for any reason

Can you get some guidance on the above?
    Sorry, no IDPA there. Only USPSA on the 2nd Sunday of the month. They also started steel challenge matches, which I think, are the 1st Sunday.
    I am not sure about the address. I sent mine to Rayna.
    Cody
    That a well-regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state;

User Tag List