Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Non-BUG 38 Special ?

Quote Originally Posted by LSP972 View Post
    And then… you gotta clean the thing…

I have been so impressed by the HiTek coated bullets outta my autos that I'm going to try some coated wadcutters out of the revos and see how that goes. So much cleaner than the traditional lubed lead bullets.
    Last edited by NETim; 10-23-2015 at 08:42 PM.
    In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function. We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful.” ― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    The LSWCHPs work best from a 3-4" barrel vs the snubs, and I happen to know that the 135gr Gold Dot works rather well on bad guys launched from a 4" gun.

Thanks everyone for your comments.

Chuck - after reading here, I went back to loading my Airweight J frame with standard wadcutters ( Corbon DPX 110 for the speedloader). I've got a pretty good supply of the Speer GD 135. I'll give the fellows I mentioned in the OP a few boxes of that to start them out after they buy the K frames.
    Last edited by SamAdams; 10-23-2015 at 09:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 41magfan View Post
    Too many swaged lead wadcutters (or some improperly sized) made you appreciate that Lewis Lead Remover, didn't it? :^)
    Before I learned about that magic tool, I was using an electric drill to clean the "wad cutter ring" out of cylinders. The Lewis tool was an absolute Godsend.

The Corbon 125gr DPX has become my 357 load of choice. It's very mild out of my SP101 and is a pussycat out of my GP100. On another forum the rep from Corbon made it clear that it wasn't a max pressure load. It was designed to reach their target velocity from a snubby.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....bon-125-gr-DPX
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Site Supporter
    My two M10s that stay in the house for my wife's HD are loaded with 158 +P LSWC HP rounds. My 442 that I occasionally carry as a BUG or rarely as a primary is loaded with the Speer 135 grain GD load. Another possibility is the Hornady 158 grain XTP standard pressure hollowpoint. Before I got the Speer rounds, I used the Hornady rounds for speed strips and speedloaders. The 158 grain LHP rounds would sometimes suffer from smashed bullet noses during pocket carry.

I have been using the Speer Gold Dot 135gr 38+P in my carry Snubs. A 442 in my pocket and 7 shot Taurus AIWB. After seeing the diferent ammo test made me pick this load but, New York PD stated they got good results with this load from 2" and 4" guns, that seals the deal.
    Last edited by Chup; 11-15-2015 at 10:36 AM.

User Tag List