Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hearing Protection Act

Hearing Protection Act

This is supremely awesome, and should be a no brainer. The usual anti-gunners love pointing to Scandinavia in regard to gun laws, well, they should heed their own pointers on this then.

http://americansuppressorassociation...-from-the-nfa/
    Last edited by johncorey; 10-22-2015 at 07:31 PM.
    You don't gotta love it. You just gotta do it.

Just a ploy by the silencer lobby to get me to spend more money.
    "Customer is very particular" -- SIG Sauer

Site Supporter
    If this passes do I get a refund on my suppressor stamps?

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    If this passes do I get a refund on my suppressor stamps?
    If you paid for the stamp after today, then yes. Assuming the bill is passed as it stands with its current provision for such a refund.
    You don't gotta love it. You just gotta do it.

I've got a Thunderbeast Ultra in jail even as we speak, this bill passing would be just awesome!

Nothing on GovTrack or OpenCongress yet.

Did find this, though: Home-Assembled Firearms Restriction Act of 2015 (H.R. 376) - GovTrack.us
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Drang View Post
    Nothing on GovTrack or OpenCongress yet.

Did find this, though: Home-Assembled Firearms Restriction Act of 2015 (H.R. 376) - GovTrack.us
    It's here, but they still don't have the text from GPO: https://www.congress.gov/bill/114th-...?resultIndex=1

The text is actually very simple since the only changes are to remove suppressors from the definition of "firearm" in the NFA, provide for preemption of state laws that specifically require registration under federal law to lawfully possess suppressors, and provide for a tax credit on suppressors purchased between Oct. 22, 2015 and the effective date of the act.

Note that the description at the link isn't actually perfectly accurate since the interstate sales provision in federal law specifically only applies to long guns, so there would still be no interstate purchase of suppressors possible like there is with long guns.
    Last edited by joshs; 10-23-2015 at 09:28 PM.

Guns.com linked text of the bill as introduced also; opens a .pdf.

I see that the bill has several co-sponsors. More is better.

Re-edit: Preempting state laws? Revenue generating state laws? Don't now if that's gonna fly.
    Last edited by Drang; 10-24-2015 at 10:31 AM.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Site Supporter
    Won't happen in this administration. Surprised in the next one would (guess why?).

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Drang View Post
    Guns.com linked text of the bill as introduced also; opens a .pdf.

I see that the bill has several co-sponsors. More is better.

Re-edit: Preempting state laws? Revenue generating state laws? Don't now if that's gonna fly.
    How are the preempted state laws revenue generating? It only preempts state laws to the extent that they require a suppressor to be registered with the feds.

ETA: I forgot the language changed, that provision is actually still targeting federal registration or tax payment. I can't think of any state laws that require a tax payment for suppressors.
    Last edited by joshs; 10-24-2015 at 09:59 PM.

User Tag List