Page 7 of 43 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Gauge Pic Thread

Build is pretty much finished. I'm debating whether to JB weld an XS bead on the front, or get out of my barrel and get into one of those 18" XS rifle sight barrels.

Remington 870P 14"
    Rifle sights
    Surefire forend

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    LE surplus 20" 870 Wingmaster with a +2 tube, Nordic Components light rail, & some sort of side saddle that I've since removed and now am contemplating replacing...

Benelli Sport II.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Gotta say DB that's not like a recent pic. I got of you, seems a female is missing & you aren't wearing flip-flops.

Oh well, ya gotta do whatcha gotta do, now back to shotty pics.

Gauge Pic Thread

. This is my 870 Wingmaster Weirdo, of course in, "Chocolate Easter Bunny," finish. XS big dot ghost rings, which are ok. Bit of offset that has to be compensated for when shooting slugs inside 15 yards. Wood stock professionally pruned down to 12" LOP.

. Another Wingmaster that I added a new barrel to with XS, "DEA," type sights I found on EBay. @Tom Givens has this same setup on some of his guns, and I liked it, so it was a logical upgrade. I know people HATE XS Big Dots on pistols, but on shotguns, I think they're great, and with the long gun's points of contact, the sight picture is very intuitive and easy to use in a hurry. Which I imagine is useful if you are being attacked by a large safari type animal. Makes sense.

. Don't laugh me off the forum, you PF'ers, but this is the shotgun I use in training classes the most. H&R Pardner Pump. Chinese (Norinco) 870 rip-off with a Browning Auto-5esque hump at the back of the receiver. I changed out to a Hogue short stock and the Magpul forend, and replaced the bead (drilled and tapped) for a slightly bigger brass bead (the OEM is pressed in...and in a shotgun class with the Late, Great, Uncle Paul Gomez, the bead left the party early, and I finished the class without it.). Despite this shotguns strange pedigree, it feels more rugged and the internals seem well fit and clean compared to the Remington competitor that this shotgun competes against. I'd take this shotgun anywhere, for any job, and simply worry about other things. Patterns even bulk EXPRESS buckshot from Walmart admirably, but parks Federal FC 00 like a pro. I'd sell my Express Tactical before I'd sell this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. And me, dead center with the jeans and brown boots on. I could probably use a LOP longer than 12", but I really like how the short stocks handle. And as long as you put your thumb in the right place, it is very hard to clobber yourself inadvertently.
    Last edited by Sherman A. House DDS; 07-05-2017 at 06:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OldRunner/CSAT Neighbor View Post
    Gotta say DB that's not like a recent pic. I got of you, seems a female is missing & you aren't wearing flip-flops.

Oh well, ya gotta do whatcha gotta do, now back to shotty pics.
    This is the one at the range where the Los Angeles Olympics shooting events were held.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.

Yeah dat one, pic I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    Benelli Sport II.
    Are you yelling "Pull!" or "Carjacker!" in that photo?

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    Are you yelling "Pull!" or "Carjacker!" in that photo?
    I am enjoying the Trap stuff and trying not to get thrown out of any clubs. For a change, I am trying to fit in. Just FYI.....Car Jacker was what we used for the running rabbit stage. The flying birds are North Korean Paratroopers. Just wanted to clarify that.

User Tag List