Page 5 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Gauge Pic Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post
    The one person who might work on them is a member here.

P. E. Kelly.

As far as I am concerned he is "Mr. Auto 5.".
    Good to know, thanks.
    Last edited by SLG; 06-17-2016 at 10:11 PM.

Great picture of the Browning. I like them quite a lot. Have had a couple of the Remington model 11's.

Anyone know of a Remington model 11 20 ga barrel?

Site Supporter
    Nothing too fancy, but I'm happy with it. 590a1, Magpul stock and sling, tlr1 light, mtr mount, tacstar side saddle.

Sling and side saddle really only for classes. Need to get a 2nd qd attachment for the sling so I can more easily take it off and on.

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    LR,

More details please. Barrel length? Extended mag? Choke?

Does anyone work on them today?
    PM sent

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Nothing too fancy, but I'm happy with it. 590a1, Magpul stock and sling, tlr1 light, mtr mount, tacstar side saddle.
    Nice setup. Thrifty and Spartan yet checks off all the boxes. Well done. I think I want to copy it.

Good lookin pooch too!

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Name:  shotguns.jpg
Views: 1075
Size:  83.5 KB

870 Wingmaster on the left purchased from Summit Gunbroker for $220. As soon as I got it out of the box I was hopelessly in love.
    870 Wingmaster on the right picked up at a local gunstore where I found it languishing on the shelf. Receiver was made before 1968. Barrel made in the early 80's. $175 OTD.

Added Wilson +1 mag tube extensions to each. Put some industrial strength velcro on the stocks (will come off nicely with application of some heat) and used that to attach some shell carriers.

Total spend under $450.
    3/15/2016

Site Supporter
    Do you prefer the stock location for spare shells to a sidesaddle or was it simpler for these builds?

Many moons ago I hunted with a Winchester model 37A in 16 gauge. (Single shot) I always carried it in the woods with an elastic butt cuff that had spare shells on it for quick reloads.

Perhaps as a result of that, and having had bad experiences with a number of side-saddles that didn't hold rounds properly, I tend to prefer the stock for holding ammo. I've done the same shell carrying modification you see on the 870s to my Beretta 1301. There are better side-saddle carriers these days (like the Aridus units) but I've grown to rather like the way carrying on the stock keeps the balance of the shotguns.

If money was no object, I'd buy a nice leather carrier for the stocks on the 870s.
    3/15/2016

Site Supporter
    I recently took a cheap sidesaddle off my 590, and really like the natural balance again. I've been eye balling the Hill People Gear stock cuff since they recently started offering it in 12 gauge.https://hillpeoplegear.com/Products/...3/Default.aspx

I hooe to get a shotgun class in this year, and I think I'll need to add some kind of spare round carrier. Still torn between this and the Esstac velcro card setup...

I wasn't even aware of the Esstac stuff. I would have rather purchased that than the Condor carriers I've got.

Either way, it's a very inexpensive yet effective way of getting the job done. I got the idea from Sherman House's blog:

https://revolverscience.com/2016/03/...e-the-strange/
    3/15/2016

User Tag List