Page 22 of 43 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: Gauge Pic Thread

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 1017
Size:  59.4 KB

Earlier in the year I got a too good to pass deal on an 1187 Special Purpose deer gun. It has a rifle sighted barrel with Rem chokes. I found a youth stock and added the Mesa Tactical rail. The only drawback is that it doesn't run low recoil ammo. I zeroed it this afternoon with the Truball Deep Penetrators, which it kept in the black of a B8 at about 40 yards. So far I've put a couple hundred rounds through it

Quote Originally Posted by BobM View Post
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 1017
Size:  59.4 KB

Earlier in the year I got a too good to pass deal on an 1187 Special Purpose deer gun. It has a rifle sighted barrel with Rem chokes. I found a youth stock and added the Mesa Tactical rail. The only drawback is that it doesn't run low recoil ammo. I zeroed it this afternoon with the Truball Deep Penetrators, which it kept in the black of a B8 at about 40 yards. So far I've put a couple hundred rounds through it
    Is the receiver drilled and tapped? You might get a better cheek weld and be able to co witness the optic with an aridus or scalarworks mount

Did a little slam firing with the Ithica 37 today. Fun but not any more fun than running any other pump as fast as I can and not as fun as a semi-auto.

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    Is the receiver drilled and tapped? You might get a better cheek weld and be able to co witness the optic with an aridus or scalarworks mount
    No, it's not drilled and tapped. I don't know when Remington started doing that. I thought about doing it myself, I've done a few 870s but decided it'd be quicker and easier to use the Mesa rail/saddle.

Time for serious cool. I was lucky to grab this. It was from the winning display of the DALLAS Arms Collectors at NRA this year from the “Guns and Gunfights of the Texas Rangers”. It was an amazing display of rare weapons and historical items. This is a Period correct shotgun modified by one of the foremost experts on 1800’s Texas weapons as a shotgun used by Terry’s Texas Rangers during the Civil War, also known as a Confederate Cavalry Shotgun. They were one of the most devastating and effective firearms used in the Civil War and later era in the West. The Texas Cavalry would ride up to enemy lines out of bayonet range, dismount and fire both barrels loaded with buckshot or God knows what, sling the shotgun and remount and charge what was left with pistols and swords.
    Seriously....this gun is awe inspiring. Holding something that old and feeling so capable.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Dagga Boy; 05-09-2018 at 06:21 PM.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Oh please, oh please tell me you are going to fire that bad boy this fall at the annual shotgun class.

Hell of a dragon-slayer ya got there!

You weren’t kidding, Darryl! That’s BADASS!

civiliandefender.com

I am not going to shoot it. It is an early 1800’s Baker Lock Shotgun (1820-1850). I may need to get the EMF repro. My life is so blessed my wife wanted it hanging in the bedroom. Her and I saw the Ranger display at NRA and got to handle a real Walker on Sunday, did the Ranger Hall of Fame in Waco, the Alamo, and drinks at the Menger Hotel Bar where the Rough Riders were formed by Teddy Roosevelt Monday. On Tuesday we did the Buckhorn Bar (oldest bar in Texas and hangout for the Rough Riders) that houses an AMAZING collection of horns and Taxidermy and another Ranger Museum. Bought the Ranger Civil War Shotgun and a 1930’s Remington Model 11 (used by almost all the posse at Bonnie and Clyde ambush) today. Great several days of Texas history and guns.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Nice. There was an article years ago in an outdoor magazine talking about using a 12" blackpowder sxs muzzleloader as a trail gun and small game hunting because of it's compact size and no nfa status.
    Last edited by 03RN; 05-09-2018 at 07:53 PM.

User Tag List