Page 14 of 43 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Gauge Pic Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Holmes375 View Post
    That is sweet. Brings a memory or two.
    I'm a sucker for the H&R/NEF singles. This is the 11th one in my inventory. I passed up several over the last week that I already had but was still tempted to get.

Site Supporter
    I did most of my hunting back in Ohio as a kid with a H&R single shot 20 gauge.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
    I did most of my hunting back in Ohio as a kid with a H&R single shot 20 gauge.
    I have three of those. One is a compact youth model.

This was my solution for an HD shotgun in a home with small children. It needed to be a pump so I could lock it with the chamber opened to make it inoperable with a full tube and side saddle. The mount is screwed into an interior brick wall just inside the master closet. The keys are in the little nightstand safe with my G34. When I patterned it at the longest distance in my house (about 20 meters- I have a big house) it really liked winlite 12g reduced recoil shells which I can’t find anymore. It didn’t really like flite control for some reason. I know you guys aren’t big on pistol grips, the mako stock folds and has a recoil reducing spring that significantly reduces recoil.

Quote Originally Posted by drjaydvm View Post
    This was my solution for an HD shotgun in a home with small children. It needed to be a pump so I could lock it with the chamber opened to make it inoperable with a full tube and side saddle. The mount is screwed into an interior brick wall just inside the master closet. The keys are in the little nightstand safe with my G34. When I patterned it at the longest distance in my house (about 20 meters- I have a big house) it really liked winlite 12g reduced recoil shells which I can’t find anymore. It didn’t really like flite control for some reason. I know you guys aren’t big on pistol grips, the mako stock folds and has a recoil reducing spring that significantly reduces recoil.
    What's wrong with the pistol grip? When did those become 'not cool'?
    Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

I only don't like PG's on Mossbergs, the controls don't jive with a PG. On an 870 or something else the PG is cool.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by drjaydvm View Post
    Not big on "Pistol grip only." Nothing wrong with pistol grip stocks, except on Mossbergs, due to the tang mounted safety.

A few more of the chopped 16 gauge Lefever Fuddster;

Picked up a H&R Topper 20ga. This is an older one with the thinner profile barrel so it's pretty light. This is my second 20ga with this barrel but the furniture isn't original, though it is in good shape. I think I'm going to grab a Survivor fore end and a synthetic stock to lighten it up even more and make it into a take down.

Here you can see the gap between the fore end and barrel showing that this furniture is for a gun with a different barrel profile.

Go to gauge on top of my go to bag.
    Benelli M4, Ti-mag tube, XS Big Dot front sight, AVA mounted Surefire, Mesa Tactical stock.
    Loaded with Federal FC #1.

Attachment 21476
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

User Tag List