Page 26 of 43 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: Gauge Pic Thread

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    Project grade Remington Model 11 that I need to get busy and finish. I need to square up the barrel end and mount sights.

Attachment 31237
    That's some old school cool right there. Does an 870 mag extension fit it, or did you have to fab up something special?
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

What are you going to do for sights?

There's a 20 gauge M11 local with a 19" barrel and plain bead. My experience with my project 11-48 is that it will need a much higher bead/pedestal.

Thanks! As best I recall that's an 870 extension. I did have to trim a couple of threads off the mag tube for the extension to screw all the way down but that was it. It'll probably get cerakoted black and I'm debating a d&t on top for a pic rail and a dot of some sort. Because I bloody well can.

If the serial number lists are right, it's a 1919 production and it had been fluffed, buffed and parkerized within a inch of it's life when I picked it up so I had no qualms about cutting it. I do wish I'd done was a little bit of research beforehand (this was an impulse buy for sure) because it's old enough that there's been at least 2 parts revisions/redesigns and of course the newer production parts that are available from Numrich, etc don't fit one this old. Oh well.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

My buddy has a beater model 11. I thinks he's kinda fond of it but I need to try and talk him out of it.

I know they're expensive but it would be cool to see Browning put our an Auto-5 Whippet Gun 12ga "firearm".
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

My TAC-14... trades a 10/22 Takedown for it. Had a few .22s, but rather have that “firearm.” Being legal in NJ, even more appealing.

Did the Magpul handstop, sidesaddle, sling mods first. Then, went with the vent-rib barrel. Love the look of it, being I had my Ithaca vent-rib barrel cut down to 20ish”.

The folding brace really is a nice addition, and is very solid. Like someone doing push-ups on it extended type of solid. But if you shoulder it, the sight plane is pretty low.

So, I got the Remington rifle sight barrel. Think it has a modified choke, as well. The rifle sights raise the sight plane high enough that your cheekweld is more normal than the bead sights.

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    What are you going to do for sights?
    Sorry, I just saw your question. If I don't do a dot, some sort of rifle front sight. Maybe both. Not sure about a rear sight.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

No bears this weekend
    Name:  KIMG0909.jpg
Views: 953
Size:  100.2 KB
    Name:  Effect_20181022_210048.jpg
Views: 990
Size:  77.6 KB

New beautiful M2, not-camo rig.

Last edited by ASH556; 10-25-2018 at 02:17 PM.
    Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

3 more days, no bears. Least I got some shooting in.

Mossberg 590A1 (needs a custom paint job)
    Vang'd barrel (back-bored and forcing cone lengthened, no comp)
    SureFire forend Weapon Light (bayonet lug machined off)
    Bushnell TRS-25
    Williams Weaver rail w/ peep sight
    Wilde Custom Gear Shotgun Card

I might put some loop side velcro on the stock to hold another card.

Name:  Mossberg_590A1_w_RDS_left_side.jpg
Views: 1941
Size:  55.5 KB
    Is the boy you were proud of the man you are?

Fimbo iliyo mkononi, ndio iuwayo nyoka!

User Tag List