Page 23 of 43 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: Gauge Pic Thread

That's an excellent trip, I am glad you both had a great time.

Every time I see a sxs with exposed hammers, I can't help thinking of John Wayne in the movie Big Jake.

Oh, and I'll just leave this here:

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/769883456

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    That's an excellent trip, I am glad you both had a great time.

Every time I see a sxs with exposed hammers, I can't help thinking of John Wayne in the movie Big Jake.

I forgot to add...............my wife spent Wednesday morning at the table with a cup of coffee and pouring over the internet to identify the Texas Rangers and others in a bunch of pictures SeriousStudent was kind enough to make from ones that came from his grandfathers ranch in West Texas. Really cool to have her calling me over to look at guns and leather to compare from various photographs. It is fairly easy to go hard for Texas history.

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    Oh, and I'll just leave this here:

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/769883456
    EMF and other make really short barreled Cavalry shotguns. From the research I have been doing, the length of mine is a bit more like what was realistic as the barrels needed to be long enough to clear your horses head when fired mounted in a charge, but short enough for fast handling and good spread. Something in about the 14"-18" range (hmmmm.....somethings seem to stay good). The current reproductions are very short.........which is really cool for looking at and I imagine shooting them is an absolute hoot.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

The “Little Badass” now wearing a Magpul stock. This started out as a breacher’s gun. Converted it to a SBS. 10” barrel 3 round capacity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    www.hero911.org
    Hero911 when seconds save lives.

"Final Tribute" one of the last 1,000 Auto 5's

New Ithaca Gun Co. Damascus Yes I shoot it on occasion with light loads.

Benelli Vinci. One of my favorite 3 gun tools.

My favorite Benelli! It has brought me Gold in International IPSC events.
    Guns are just machines and without you they can do no harm, nor any good

Name:  5CCB6AAD-1EF5-4037-B989-8B6CF6BB9346.jpg
Views: 1034
Size:  100.7 KB
    You can get much more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean M View Post
    Name:  5CCB6AAD-1EF5-4037-B989-8B6CF6BB9346.jpg
Views: 1034
Size:  100.7 KB
    I did something similar with a Magtech 20ga but I left the barrel 19" to avoid extra paperwork. It was fun and I had plans to get the stamp and make it into a pistol of sorts but never did. The Late Boyscout did a video about a sub-$300 double barrel and was tempted to get to cut down.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    So I bought this today. MKA 1919. Gonna set it up for 3 gun. Will update once I get some rounds through it.

Attachment 19894
    I’ve finally managed to get all the stuff together to put this conversion together. Have to give a shout out to Marc at B5 Systems for giving me the stock (they’re based in my City and have been good to the PD). Gonna put some rounds through it tomorrow. The lower is from Tooth and Nail Armory. So it now looks like this:

Name:  9B8E3A51-7CBE-4171-8FD4-F0952695AA47.jpg
Views: 817
Size:  47.7 KB

It ran like a scalded dog with birdshot last year at FB3G, but hiccuped a couple times with slugs. I’m hoping the conversion makes that go away.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Italian thoroughbred

I was in one of the LGS the other day and started fondling an M2 Tactical. I realized that I had never actually owned a Benelli. So after a few days considering it, I went and retrieved it this morning.

Name:  6360EFA2-6849-4563-AD9D-CB333BAD6658.jpg
Views: 1156
Size:  106.5 KB

Already ordered the plus 3 extension and additional US made parts to keep it compliant, but other than a sling I think that’s it for mods. Or maybe a RDS...

Found a couple more H&R single shot 12 gauges. The top one is in really nice condition and the bottom one uses a spring detent to hold on the fore end rather than a screw so it takes down very quick and easy. I have a bunch of these already but I asked the store owner if he'd make me a deal on both. He said $75 each and I said "sold".

Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

User Tag List