Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: HK's and finish wear/rust

It's captured by the slide by design, a little play won't hurt anything.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    It's captured by the slide by design, a little play won't hurt anything.

^This^

All I needed to know, I'm done dicking with it I promise . Thanks!

So have I messed up and should not have tapped it in just a hair past flush?

Site Supporter
    Allow me to tell you folks about a Glock G 30 S I bought new that became so corroded (in only four months of ownership!), it was eventually returned to Glock. I had no reason to suspect anything was amiss - it still dry fired, live fired, ejected (?) and fed everything like a new gun. I just decided to detail strip the slide. The depressor extractor plunger had completely "become one" with the slide. At first I thought just the spring was rusted and knowing a new one was all of $1.50, I "removed" it, thinking the plunger would follow. Nope. Took it to my local gunsmith at my FFL, who was also unable to remove the plunger and then sent it to Glock. A Glock engineer called me and questioned me for at least a half hour - going through every facet of my gun care, determining that I had done nothing wrong, assuring me that "this was not what Glock was about" - and to prove it, they sent me a new 30 S to my FFL (arrived in 2 days) to replace it. He told me that no one at Glock had ever seen anything like it. The replacement, which I sold last month, has had no issues. Anyone here ever heard of something like this?

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    I've never seen a H&K lever rust, my slide has pitted (pic above) but the levers are fine. I have seen the backstrap retention pin rust in a used and abused P2000 before as well.
    I have had a Glock slide lock speckle with rust and have personally seen a Shield mag catch rust solid, so other brands aren't immune to rust.
    I have seen dozens of H&K levers turn purplish in color and bronze on the high points (just like your picture).
    If you put CLP on a white rag does it remove the rust and leave a skidmark on the rag?

User Tag List