Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking to buy 9mm in bulk

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    The plural of anecdote is not data, but if you search the forum for 'freedom munitions' you'll find enough stuff to make me extremely uncomfortable.
    Freedom Munitions cost $20 more for 124gr new than SG Ammo's 124gr Lawman. Kind of a no brainer. And I don't think there is any other brand of ammo where I've seen more problems with on the range.

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    The plural of anecdote is not data, but if you search the forum for 'freedom munitions' you'll find enough stuff to make me extremely uncomfortable.
    What he said about Freedom Munitions.
    I would purchase from SG AMMO. as well.

I wish SGA would stop accepting my credit card.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Site Supporter
    One more recommendation for SG Ammo. I recently picked up 1k of Blazer Brass 124 grain from them for $189. I've also had good results with Lawman TMJ and Magtech 9mm.

One more thumbs down here for Freedom Munitions.

In March of this year, I attended a Practical Fundamentals class with Brue Gray and Jerry Jones. We had two shooters experience a total of three squib loads with Freedom 9mm during the two day class. The ammunition was ordered idependantly and was from seperate lots.Luckily, all three were noticed and no Kabooms resulted.

Not the first issue I've see or experienced with Freedom Munitions but certainly the most dangerous.

Late last year PF.com member Skyline1 also experienced significant issues with Freedom 300 BO rifle ammunition.

Be careful.
    Last edited by HCM; 10-21-2015 at 05:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    Purchasing from a distributor or from the factory by the pallet each year is cheaper and easier...

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    ^^^ tried to Like that one 5 times.
    Doc - much like JHC, my attempts (several years ago) to purchase a pallet of ammunition did not meet with success. Do you have advice on how to approach such a purchase direct from the factory?
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Reloading is the right answer

SGAmmo and/or Ammoman.com
    Gun Free Zones Aren’t an Inhibition….they’re an Invitation.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by cheby View Post
    Reloading is the right answer
    If you have the time and the space to load and you have the time and opportinity to shoot enough it can be. My time off, including my time to shoot is limited. When I can get factory new 9mm for under $10 per box it isnt worth it to me. That doesn't mean I'm not saving my brass for when I retire ...

+1 to reloads. My cost per box of 50 rounds of 147 grn 9mm is $5.08.

Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    I'm a huge fan of Freedom Munitions. I've shot plenty of their stuff with extremely few complaints. They run sales on various calibers fairly frequently as well. Give them a shot.

From another friend/Member's experience of how terrible the reloads shot at 25 yards (12"+ compared to 4" with AE 147gr) and the companies non-response, I'll never purchase from them...

User Tag List