Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking to buy 9mm in bulk

Quote Originally Posted by scw2 View Post
    especially with a source of free or cheap brass.
    I pick up 2-3x as much as I shoot after teardown at EVERY USPSA club match I go to all summer long. Obviously your mileage may vary, but there are lots of folks in my area who don't reload, and the rest of us happily pick up all of their brass after matches.

I'll also say that while no machine is perfect, I've been quite happy with my Hornady L-n-L AP press. It's feature-wise comparable to a Dillon 650, but price-wise comparable to a 550, and the lock n load die bushings are a slick way to change out calibers quickly.

Site Supporter
    U
    Quote Originally Posted by olstyn View Post
    I pick up 2-3x as much as I shoot after teardown at EVERY USPSA club match I go to all summer long. Obviously your mileage may vary, but there are lots of folks in my area who don't reload, and the rest of us happily pick up all of their brass after matches.

I'll also say that while no machine is perfect, I've been quite happy with my Hornady L-n-L AP press. It's feature-wise comparable to a Dillon 650, but price-wise comparable to a 550, and the lock n load die bushings are a slick way to change out calibers quickly.
    That would not work at The range which hosts our IDPA matches and steel challenge. They consider brass to be their property once it hits the ground. You can pick up your own brass but that's it. They recently banned an IDPA shooter from the range for scrounging brass.

Before you start screaming bloody murder. This range is a family operation and the family lives on the ranch where the range is located. I'm sure Brass is a significant source of revenue for them.

Our range prefers we pick up the brass so they don't have to. I usually leave each match with half a 5 gal bucket each match.

I wouldn't dream of screaming bloody murder; every range has the right to set its own policies, and some of them are friendlier than others to reloaders. I guess I'm just lucky to go to matches at a range where as long as I help with teardown after the match, I'm welcome to as much brass and as many mosquitoes as I can find in the grass.

Www.southernbellebrass.com is a reliable source of good once fired commercial.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Case of 1,000 Blazer Brass 124 FMJ, $189.88 + $16.00 shipping:

http://sgammo.us8.list-manage.com/tr...7&e=98ef370060

ETA: Crap! Sorry, out of stock already.
    Last edited by RJ; 10-29-2015 at 11:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by camsdaddy View Post
    I have two boxes of their 125 remains enroute back to them. In 17 rounds on Monday I had one stick in the barrel of my 2" 60 and one in my 4" 13. Each sounded like a weak bunny fart and lodged 1/2" in.
    I've shot 1000's of their 9mm without a problem.
    Just got my replacement ammo from Freedom today. I was surprised. I sent two boxes and received two boxes. I wasn't expecting a free case of ammo or even a box. However a note, a pen or a sticker would have been nice for my trouble

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    Case of 1,000 Blazer Brass 124 FMJ, $189.88 + $16.00 shipping:

http://sgammo.us8.list-manage.com/tr...7&e=98ef370060

ETA: Crap! Sorry, out of stock already.
    It has sold out and come back in stock twice in the last couple weeks. keep an eye out.

I used to be really happy buying Freedom Munitions, but I've been soured on the accuracy potential of their 124gr 9mm, 230gr 45ACP and 69gr .223. For the cost of it, I was expecting more and can get more from other manufacturers at similar price points.
    For online I buy from sgammo, basspro or cabelas. I normally wait cabelas to offer one of their $50 off $250 and free shipping.
    I'll also buy Atlanta Arms or Georgia Arms at the local gun shows. Price isn't anything spectacular, but it is super accurate.

I've been looking to tool up to reload; less for cost savings and more for ammunition consistency. I had a friend that I would buy loads from; it made me feel like a pro shooter shooting his loads. I almost won a GSSF Glock 2 years ago shooting them. I want to replicate that.

Site Supporter
    I used to reload all my pistol, some rifle, and all shotgun (was very active in Sporting Clays). When lead shot prices went crazy, I quit reloading shotgun (except 28 gauge) and just bought the promo Dove and Quail loads from Walmart, Dick's, etc. I cannot justify the case prep time to reload 223 - I buy 223 when it is on sale at SGAMMO, PSA, etc. I was planning to reload 6.8SPC and 6.5 Grendel but PSA always seems to have some form of 6.8 for sale and now Wolf is offering 6.5G steel case I built a "sacrificial" cheap 6.5 upper for practice.

I reload 9mm with Bayou coated bullets, range pick up brass, plus the cheapest primers I can find (currently Tula) - and whatever powder I can find that works (just found an 8 lb jug of WSF!). Similar story for 40S&W and 45ACP - I do not shoot these much anymore.

User Tag List