Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Brian Zins on Trigger Control

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_White View Post
    I don't think pat answers of "use the tip because straight back" or "use the joint because leverage" are sufficient for the different ways that hands and guns and triggers fit together. I think it's going to work differently for different people with different guns, and they might change their mind about it as they learn. I have, and maybe I'll change my mind again.
    Roger that. I don't use either one on Glocks. lol
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

The Marine Corps taught two different types of trigger control: Interrupted and Uninterrupted. And I still believe that there are two types: Uninterrupted and Wrong.
    I like that. I like that a lot.

Good read. I went from pad to joint to on the pad, but right by the joint. With my Glock 19 that spot seems to give me the best trap on the trigger to get it straight back.

Brian is a good dude, even if you don't play his game, what he writes is worth taking the time to read.

From Tapatalk:
    Jack Leuba
    Knight's Armament Company: Military/Govt Product Liaison
    F2S Consulting: Director of Shooting Stuff
    Director Of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company

As Brian mentions there are many good ways to pull a trigger. Also to reiterate bullseye is a very specific category of shooting. I am not implying that his technique is specific only to his genre of shooting as it is used successfully by others in different categories of shooting.

I will however note that hand size or trigger reach may be a bigger factor. On some pistols or grip sizes, if I use a joint technique my hand contact on the pistol wreaks havoc on my performance in being able to perform a good trigger pull without putting negative influence on the pistol and disrupting the sights. Bullseye is more slow fire and without a doubt my trigger finger slows down greatly with a joint placement technique.

Bottom line is there are different viable techniques and no lone method will produce the same results for everyone.

User Tag List