Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Hk Picture thread

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnatus View Post
    DEG:
    How many rounds through her to require the detail strip and spring swap?
    Going from memory here, the trigger return spring is the first to replace, around 7-8k trigger pulls. I have not kept a good record of dry fire and live fire over the past year with this P30, and I had a few of the springs around already. It wouldn't have been a big deal to shoot this one until it broke, since it's my dry fire and range trainer, but what the heck.

I changed out the firing pin block spring and firing pin spring, since I purchased the P30 used a while back and never checked them out. I believe the originals still had life in them since they weren't in pieces. I have seen firing pin springs break in half after about 5k rounds, but still function.

I didn't replace the recoil spring, since I don't think this P30 has anywhere near 25k through it, and that's about the replacement timing for that one.

I left the flat spring, hammer spring, and detent spring alone after inspection (I didn't have any spares on hand anyway), but also replaced the elbow spring and extractor springs.

Ultimately, I felt like dissecting it and cleaning it up early on a Saturday morning, but it's not something I will do again for a long while

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 1497
Size:  53.2 KB
    New RAL 7008 FDE VP9

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 1440
Size:  67.5 KB
    Better picture of the RAL7008

I am loving this little guy. It is at HK getting a new taller front sight installed and 4.1 LEM done. I am counting the minutes till it gets back. I can see this one being the primary carry gun for quite awhile.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    I am loving this little guy. It is at HK getting a new taller front sight installed and 4.1 LEM done. I am counting the minutes till it gets back. I can see this one being the primary carry gun for quite awhile.
    nice little appendix gun

Site Supporter

Please keep us informed - I've been watching the price going down for some time now. Saw it for $584 - five minutes ago at Bud's. I can see one of these - AIWB - real soon.

Darryl, you put a lot of effort into your "kit" -- you planning to start open carrying your new HK barbecue gun?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I actually wore that under a polo shirt for my entire trip to California at the beginning of May. It is a new design for Tap Rack I requested so I test ran it. I wear it just ahead of the hips above the pants pockets with both the holster and mag pouch and it works well for me. It will also take my P30L as well. It is a workable concealed OWB rig and works equally well on the range. I am mostly using a Safariland #27 and double mag pouch for the P30SK. I ll be in Havasu and SoCal all through July, so it should get a lot of carry in both.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by DEG View Post
    Yes, it's the TLG variant and the trigger is incredible. It has right around 10k through it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    Step 1. Place tape butted up to front sight bottom.
    Step 2. Pour rubbing alcohol all over front my of slide.
    Step 3. Use white paint pen for base coat, let dry
    Step 4. First coat of orange.
    Step 5. Another coat of orange.

Attachment 5170

I used model paint bought from a hobby store, I also bought these very tiny brushes. I will upload a picture of those when I get home. The tritium is concaved into the front sight on these so it made it easy. These are heinie's.

Very late seeing this - but - I get the same results using neon orange duct tape from Wal-Mart. Before I apply the tape, I cut a small square, make a hole in it, using either a very small drill bit or a tiny finishing nail. The excess/overlap of tape is trimmed with a single edge razor blade. No worries with paint on the tritium and it ignores cleaners. I figure the single $2.99 roll of tape should cover me until my shooting days are done.

User Tag List