Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2634353637 LastLast

Thread: Hk Picture thread

Quote Originally Posted by CCT125US View Post
    How's it treating you?
    Wife's go to, great little pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    Wife's go to, great little pistol.
    That's fantastic, glad it found a good home!
    Taking a break from social media.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    As one of the probably 9 people here who carry a P2SK...where'd you get the milling done? That looks excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    As one of the probably 9 people here who carry a P2SK...where'd you get the milling done? That looks excellent.
    Wright armory I dot

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    I carried one for a time, and was very pleased with it, until I fell out of favor with the LEM. I kinda wish mine were DA/SA.

ETA, wouldn’t the appropriate abbreviation be P2KSK?

Rich

Director of R&D and product acquisitions at Empire Outfitters

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I carried one for a time, and was very pleased with it, until I fell out of favor with the LEM. I kinda wish mine were DA/SA.

ETA, wouldn’t the appropriate abbreviation be P2KSK?

I had two P30SK's with the LEM, transitioned to a VP9SK for reasons long forgotten. Do you care to elaborate on how/why you "fell out of favor" with the LEM?
    "We are the domestic pets of a human zoo we call civilization."

Laurence Gonzales - "Deep Survival."

Quote Originally Posted by 11B10 View Post
    I had two P30SK's with the LEM, transitioned to a VP9SK for reasons long forgotten. Do you care to elaborate on how/why you "fell out of favor" with the LEM?
    I used to shoot to reset. Which I think works OK with the LEM. However, if you get used to shooting something with a short reset, like a Glock, you may tend to short stroke the LEM on occasion. In conversation with a few well-known shooters, they suggested I shoot to trigger return instead of reset. While that did fix any short stroking issues, the LEM felt like I was just taking a lot of slack out of the trigger each time.

I feel that shooting to trigger returned helped with a lot of different trigger systems. Especially DAO, and in particular revolvers. Even with the Glock, I felt like I had better trigger control, because it was always a constant pull. The LEM was the only one that it felt even more awkward.

With this new style of shooting, it actually makes me want to revisit the DAK at some point should I find the opportunity.

Site Supporter
    I used to shoot to reset. Which I think works OK with the LEM. However, if you get used to shooting something with a short reset, like a Glock, you may tend to short stroke the LEM on occasion. In conversation with a few well-known shooters, they suggested I shoot to trigger return instead of reset. While that did fix any short stroking issues, the LEM felt like I was just taking a lot of slack out of the trigger each time.

I feel that shooting to trigger returned helped with a lot of different trigger systems. Especially DAO, and in particular revolvers. Even with the Glock, I felt like I had better trigger control, because it was always a constant pull. The LEM was the only one that it felt even more awkward.

With this new style of shooting, it actually makes me want to revisit the DAK at some point should I find the opportunity.
    A while back someone talked about "aggressively prepping the trigger" and I feel like that would go real well with a LEM trigger....but would take loads of practice.

Site Supporter

Bucky - thanks for your thoughts, which reinforce what I've learned over time. What initially attracted me to the LEM - and, as a result, the P30SK - was the added room for error provided by the long initial pull and for me, the very visible hammer cocking. It's obvious I'm not a guy who participates in competitive shooting or law enforcement. At the time I owned those guns, I was focused on giving myself an additional layer of protection with that first shot. I must admit that after years of shooting just my VP9SK and M&P 340, I'm curious to shoot a rental LEM somewhere to compare trigger pulls.
    "We are the domestic pets of a human zoo we call civilization."

Laurence Gonzales - "Deep Survival."

User Tag List