Page 23 of 36 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: Hk Picture thread

Family portrait before sending a few to new homes last month. The full size 45 and Compact 40 are gone, but the Elite 45 and Expert 9 remain. Should be adding an Expert 45 soon.

This is my work rifle. An MR556A1. A nice rifle to be sure, but not 3K worth of nice IMO.
    Name:  BD8A1D1E-9A6B-4C89-BF71-BA4E03B3117C.jpg
Views: 1146
Size:  76.9 KB

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by KPD View Post
    This is my work rifle. An MR556A1. A nice rifle to be sure, but not 3K worth of nice IMO.
    Name:  BD8A1D1E-9A6B-4C89-BF71-BA4E03B3117C.jpg
Size:  76.9 KB
    Your $3k or theirs ?

Technically a drug dealer’s 3K.

One of our interdiction units stopped a dude with a small load of dope. This rifle was laying in the trunk in the case and all. He purchased it (legally at a gun shop) four hours before being pulled over. The receipt was even laying on top of the case. The rifle was seized as a drug proceed asset and was later forfeited to us.
    Last edited by KPD; 11-03-2019 at 04:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LtDave View Post
    Here's a VP9 with a Holosun 507c RDS and Heine iron sights:

Attachment 40518

Holster is a Dale Fricke Gideon Elite.
    Shoots pretty good too:

Attachment 40519

Switched out the Holosun and replaced it with a Trijicon RM06. Shoots ok:

Name:  IMG_2100.jpg
Size:  42.0 KB
    The first indication a bad guy should have that I'm dangerous is when his
    disembodied soul is looking down at his own corpse wondering what happened.

HK USP9c v1 Da/Sa
    Trijicon 3 dot
    50yd standing unsupported
    Speer Lawman 147
    RCM TB
    Octane 9HD - oiled and worked the piston

I had just converted it from v7 to v1, full detail strip of slide and frame. Zero dryfire or live in 10 days.

Things like this just provide some confirmation bias. Being able to completely disassemble a gun, drop in a barrel that hasn't been used in the gun in several thousand rounds, add a suppressor, and hit a can at 50 yards in one shot. Acceptable for a plastic gun.

I just as easily could have missed, in which case it would have been an entry in a spreadsheet, but I'll take it.

Name:  20191111_125958.jpg
Views: 899
Size:  95.0 KB
    Last edited by CCT125US; 11-11-2019 at 01:04 PM.
    Taking a break from social media.

Quote Originally Posted by LtDave View Post
    Switched out the Holosun and replaced it with a Trijicon RM06. Shoots ok:

Name:  IMG_2100.jpg
Size:  42.0 KB
    "shoots ok..." Yeah, I'd say so!! If that wasn't from a ransom rest, you're a human ransom rest!

New addition to the stable. I'm still very much a VP9 fan (currently have five of them), but switching to AIWB a few months ago has me reconsidering the value of the added safety margin of a hammer-fired gun. I believe striker-fired guns can be carried safely appendix. I think many would agree, though, that whether carrying appendix or behind-the-hip IWB, being able to ride the hammer while holstering is a nice insurance policy.

Took her out for a first practice session two weeks ago and put a little over 400 rounds downrange. One failure to fire (with a good primer strike, and the round failed to fire after being loaded a second time in the same gun, so I attribute that to the ammo, not the gun). I know shooting 124gr NATO has been previously recommended for the P30 during break-in; not having any of that on hand, I went with AE 147gr. The newer production stuff is fairly stout compared to the relatively soft-shooting rounds that were being produced a couple years ago, and I didn't have any cycling issues.

I have to say that the light LEM is very serviceable out of the box. I will still end up sending this off to GrayGuns or LWG for some action cleanup, but that's just me being spoiled by the excellent GG/LWG trigger work on my VP9s. My only major gripe about the P30L is that with how I grip the pistol, the hammer smacks the web of my hand, which was rather unpleasant and left me bleeding by the end of the range day. The VP9 seems to have a slightly more pronounced beavertail and is forgiving of a hastily-established grip, whereas the P30L required more deliberate hand placement to avoid getting too high on the backstrap.

Site Supporter
    My recent purchase, which puts me back into H&K ownership (unless you count my Walther 416 .22lr, which is an H&K in licensed name only ).

VP9 Midnight Bronze edition...

User Tag List