Page 11 of 37 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Hk Picture thread

Added an HKParts MicroComp. Definitely tames the perceived recoil a bit, haven't figured out how much actual performance gain there's been (ran it through a Steel Challenge match the other day, and shaved about 7.5 seconds off my last best time, but then again, I've shaved time off every time I've shot a match).

Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post
    Added an HKParts MicroComp. Definitely tames the perceived recoil a bit, haven't figured out how much actual performance gain there's been (ran it through a Steel Challenge match the other day, and shaved about 7.5 seconds off my last best time, but then again, I've shaved time off every time I've shot a match).
    Hey, mind talking about who mounted your rmr and your experience with them on your hks? I have a p2000 and eventually want to go the mrds route.

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    Hey, mind talking about who mounted your rmr and your experience with them on your hks? I have a p2000 and eventually want to go the mrds route.
    I had L&M Precision install them, both guns have RMR RM06s with RM63 sealing plates. Approx. 4328 rounds through this black one with an RMR since 2015-JAN, approx. 7650 rounds through my RAL8000 one since 2015-AUG. Haven't had any noticeable issues that couldn't be resolved with a new battery.

Everything about this makes me happy. Every single thing.
    Nobody is impressed by what you can't do. -THJ

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JDM View Post

Everything about this makes me happy. Every single thing.
    I'll just sulk in the corner, wanting an MP5 but settling for a scorpion.....

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    Even that mag release?
    Well, it's faster than the paddle, so there's that. I still need to have someone machine an extendo button for me.
    TY83544

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    You must have man-sized hands and fingers or I'm an idiot and don't know how to use that button. With my dainty little hands I can't get anywhere near pushing that button with my right hand without taking it completely of the grip.

You certainly know more about these things than I do, what the heck am I doing wrong?
    I'll be the first to say it's not ideal as-is. However, I've adapted how I shoot MP5's so my firing hand thumb is not wrapped around the pistol grip, but on the same side of the gun as my trigger finger. Example here: Name:  IMG_2329 (1).jpg
Views: 1293
Size:  102.3 KB That allows me to quickly shift my whole hand forward enough to hit the mag release with my trigger finger pretty quickly. It's a software solution to a hardware problem, but it works well enough I haven't had a ton of motivation to get someone to machine my mag release extension design.
    TY83544

Site Supporter
    Interesting - I grip AR's similarly for long range shots, hadn't thought of doing that for more pew pew situations. Me digs.

Quote Originally Posted by jeep45238 View Post
    Interesting - I grip AR's similarly for long range shots, hadn't thought of doing that for more pew pew situations. Me digs.
    I actually realized that I didn't have to wrap my thumb around the grip on every rifle when I started learning a little about long range shooting. There are tradeoffs for close-in work, so I don't do it all the time, but it is a useful tool to have available.

Tom, I'll be in touch soon.
    TY83544

Nobody is impressed by what you can't do. -THJ

User Tag List