Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Pros & Cons of Speed Six for Carry

Quote Originally Posted by Willard View Post
    One thing to consider, as SMD mentioned earlier and I experienced first hand, is parts availability. Also, Ruger does not really service these anymore. I had a Security Six that the front latch was not engaging the hole in the end of the ejector rod reliably. I contacted Ruger and they sent me an RMA. Advised they could not fix it, but their customer service was superb. Far better than anything I would have expected or ever experienced elsewhere. In the end, they sent me a new Match Champion at no charge as a replacement (the Security Six was in extremely nice shape otherwise and I would actually have preferred to have kept it). Seemed like an easy fix, but not so. From what I can tell, although the six series was lighter, sleeker, and generally rugged, it is not as heavy duty as the GP series, which Ruger still obviously still services. May never become an issue, but if it does, you may find yourself in a bit of a bind, but Ruger's CS will probably take care of you.
    WAAAAATTT?????

That is amazing!
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    WAAAAATTT?????

That is amazing!
    I could not believe it. They offered me any current production revolver as a replacement. I never even heard of anything like this before. I've read about discounts on a trade in, but nothing like this. Needless to say, I'd definitely buy a Ruger again based on this alone. You hear about negative stuff all the time, but rarely the good stuff. This was definitely one of the good things in my book.

Over the years, Ruger's Customer Service, both with revolvers and autopistols has consistently gone the extra mile (and then some) for me. They really are a class act.

Best, Jon

User Tag List