Page 73 of 114 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583 ... LastLast

Thread: RDS on a SemiAuto

I am interested in any impressions of the Aimpoint pistol optic and info on the new G model.

Luke, I have a Romeo 4, which is close to s T1, but no other Romeo experience. I thought the pistol optic was the Romeo 1?
    Last edited by GJM; 03-09-2017 at 04:33 PM. Reason: Spell better
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    Docter optik recently launched their new Docter G model which has a 30% percent bigger screen iirc. We've sold a good few Docters and they have been holding up well. When the G arrives it will replace the Docter C on my 17MOS
    If I found the right sight (only dot on their website) it's auto brightness only with no manual way to adjust and no battery tray. Huge negatives for me
    i used to wannabe

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    If I found the right sight (only dot on their website) it's auto brightness only with no manual way to adjust and no battery tray. Huge negatives for me
    Link? My google-fu is not working well today.

Quote Originally Posted by RAM Engineer View Post
    Link? My google-fu is not working well today.

http://docterusa.com/docter-red-dot-sights/
    i used to wannabe

That's not the official Docter site, but merely the USA distributor. That's also the old C model. I can't actually find much information on this new "G" model with a cursory Google search.

Here is the official site for the Docter reflex sights, though it doesn't have anything on the G model: http://www.docter-germany.de/en/prod...ex-sights.html

Anyone good at Swedish?
    Last edited by Default.mp3; 03-09-2017 at 06:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I am interested in any impressions of the Aimpoint pistol optic and info on the new G model.

Luke, I have a Romeo 4, which is close to s T1, but no other Romeo experience. I thought the pistol optic was the Romeo 1?
    Pistol optic is the Romeo 1. I've put almost 1,000 rounds through my MK25 RX over the last 2 weeks. Very impressed with the setup so far. Admittedly, I have no time behind other RDS optics, but I'm enjoying the RDS pistol concept in general. It took ~100 rounds to get comfortable referring to the dot rather than the sights, but since then I've had no issues. Used the pistol in a local USPSA style match last week and took 4th out of 45 shooters (second in my division). All shooting was 20 yards and in (indoor match), and the red dot did not slow me down at all and made those tight shots much easier. I plan to run the MK25 RX at two matches next week and again in practice on Saturday.

I've had no flickering or issues with the dot turning off like some users of the Romeo 1 have experienced. Most of these issues were traced to a loose battery cap. Note: If you buy a Romeo 1, use the supplied plastic screwdriver to tighten the battery cover until the plastic tool bends. It'll bend with firm finger pressure. Then tighten the cover 1/4 turn more with an actual screwdriver. Shouldn't have any issues then.
    Shoot more, post less...

Site Supporter
    I guess I wouldn't mind the deltapoint pro's worse battery life if it comes with the ability to change the battery without removing the optic from the slide.

Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post
    That's not the official Docter site, but merely the USA distributor. That's also the old C model. I can't actually find much information on this new "G" model with a cursory Google search.

Here is the official site for the Docter reflex sights, though it doesn't have anything on the G model: http://www.docter-germany.de/en/prod...ex-sights.html

Anyone good at Swedish?
    I translated it. It weighs 36 grams and comes in a 3.5 or 7 moa dot.

Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post

Anyone good at Swedish?
    Not my language but...

BRAND NEW DOCTER SIGHT G is the latest member of the Doctor Sight family. The illuminated point is manually adjusted in 4 different steps and the screen is 66% larger than the Docter Sight III. Available in both 3.5 and 7 moa moa large red dot. The higher visibility screen can be an advantage for both hunter and sport shooter since the larger field of view provides for faster target focus and therefor faster shots. The chassis is reinforced to make the sight even more durable, including two cells in the frame around the double lens for extra protection during severe shock.

• Parallax: 40m
    • Adjustment range horizontal : 340cm / 100m
    • Adjustment range vertical: 7204m / 100m
    • Size red dot at 100 m: 3.5 MOA (10cm) or 7 MOA (20cml
    • Size (l x w x h): 4.6 x 2.9 x 3,14cm
    • Power source: 3V CR2032 button cell battery
    • Weight 36g
    "A man's character is his fate."

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I translated it. It weighs 36 grams and comes in a 3.5 or 7 moa dot.

LOL!
    "A man's character is his fate."

User Tag List