Page 57 of 114 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967107 ... LastLast

Thread: RDS on a SemiAuto

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    KevinB has. Check out posts #408 and #426 in this thread for pictures.
    Thx Tom, thinking that may be what Kevin also posted on LF, will compare them & hope all is good there in ABQ.

DP Pro is not a small sight.

I have that on my M&P CORE (with some fitment needed to the gun and plate) - the Shield has an older DP, the DP Pro would be too large for that gun - in terms of both width and length (IMHO). I did put the Pro on my Sheild for some pictures - but I cannot find them for love nor money -- I will try to get some pic this week (I'll swipe another from Leupold for the pics)

As I understand Leupold is around 2,700 DP Pro's backordered to SOCOM, on top of more scheduled deliveries, so I have no ideas on commercial availability, I have another 3 that I have been waiting on for a while (I'll see some of the Leupold Mil folks tomorrow and bug them for an update - but they many not know about a commercial release).
    I know the date has slipped several times as one of the customers requested some slight changes to the battery lid retention clip, and some further depth and time for waterpoofing.

Last date I was told was pre SHOT 2016, after the Jan, then March, then June dates had slipped.
    Kevin S. Boland
    Director of R&D
    Law Tactical LLC
    www.lawtactical.com
    kevin@lawtactical.com
    407-451-4544

Thx much Kevin, sounds like I need to X the DP Pro I was considering for my Shield.

I have an RMR on my 4.25" CORE, some 2500+ rds now & was trying to find a smaller, quality optic for the Shield, hmmm ......

I'm really looking forward to trying the Sig 320 factory RDS pistol. I dry fire a G19 sized 320 today, wow great trigger.

Site Supporter
    For those running an RMR Glock with suppressor sights - any issues with front sight stability or durability? The single screw fitting with the tall sight looks like it would be fragile, but I have not handled one.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Williams View Post
    I'm really looking forward to trying the Sig 320 factory RDS pistol. I dry fire a G19 sized 320 today, wow great trigger.
    I am digging my 320 Carry, only reservation would be the durability of the Sig RDS.

Time will tell I guess, the Trijicon RM06 I am currently running has been somewhat problematic.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnN View Post
    I am digging my 320 Carry, only reservation would be the durability of the Sig RDS.

Time will tell I guess, the Trijicon RM06 I am currently running has been somewhat problematic.
    What kind of problems?
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    What kind of problems?
    Dot flashing brightly then back to normal, dot disappearing and then reappearing on subsequent shots.

Rather than sending it back to Trijicon I put an O-ring underneath the battery, no problems thru the next 1000rds.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnN View Post
    Dot flashing brightly then back to normal, dot disappearing and then reappearing on subsequent shots.

Rather than sending it back to Trijicon I put an O-ring underneath the battery, no problems thru the next 1000rds.
    Gently lifting the battery tabs to provide more contact force, electrical tape on the battery are all helpful for battery contact issues.
    The O-Ring if it doesn't put excessive pressure does the same thing.
    FFL Type 01

"I have learned that wisdom can be as simple as substituting facts for assumptions."

DP Pro has a large production run going on now for SOCOM - what that means for commercial release, I'm not 100% - but I would assume that they should start hitting shelves later this month.
    Kevin S. Boland
    Director of R&D
    Law Tactical LLC
    www.lawtactical.com
    kevin@lawtactical.com
    407-451-4544

User Tag List