Page 11 of 114 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread: RDS on a SemiAuto

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Housel View Post
    mine in bold
    As soon as I get everything arranged I'll be sending you my wife's Glock 19 slide to mill for a Trijicon RMR02.
    If you haven't looked at a P30 slide by then I can drop mine in the same box for you to eyeball.

Jody,

Sounds good to me. Glad to give it a look first hand.

Mark
    Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    As soon as I get everything arranged I'll be sending you my wife's Glock 19 slide to mill for a Trijicon RMR02.
    If you haven't looked at a P30 slide by then I can drop mine in the same box for you to eyeball.
    FFL Type 01

"I have learned that wisdom can be as simple as substituting facts for assumptions."

If you need a P30 slide right now I have a P30LS that is a spare that is not used right now that I can loan out for the cause.

John
    AKA: SkyLine1

Sure, that would be great. I will post the results here once I have looked at a P30/P30LS.
    From the pictures I have looked at the difference is the length of the slide, so it should be the same behind the breech face?

Quote Originally Posted by SkyLine1 View Post
    If you need a P30 slide right now I have a P30LS that is a spare that is not used right now that I can loan out for the cause.

John
    FFL Type 01

"I have learned that wisdom can be as simple as substituting facts for assumptions."

Yes sir exactly the same.

PM me your address and it will be in the mail tomorrow.

John
    AKA: SkyLine1

Given the pluses/minuses of a .22 as a training platform, do you see any point in setting up a .22 with a RDS just to get some experience with it? I was thinking that something like a Burris Fastfire II on my Ruger Mk II might be a low-cost way to experiment with a RDS on a pistol.

It isn't quite the same. Fun though. I wouldn't set one up as a training platform. A RDS SIRT would be more useful

Mark if you can pm me your phone number. I spoke with Bowie and I now know for a fact you can mill the p30 / hk45's for a red dot. The issue is that to do so you disable the firing pin safety. As someone who carried a 1911 for years I don't mind this. Bowie won't do it however even with a waiver. :-/ guess I'll need to find a titanium firing pin and heavy spring if I go that route.

There are so many threads on this here that I forgot where I posted it, but I would seriously recommend shooting somebody's RDS-equipped pistol before putting an optic on a TDA/LEM gun.

I would NOT recommend inactivating the firing pin safety...

User Tag List