Page 109 of 114 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110111 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 1138

Thread: RDS on a SemiAuto

Quote Originally Posted by Tod-13 View Post
    I don't know. I like the solution though.

1) Low enough to use normal sights--smaller window is fine, especially for CC.
    2) If I read everything correctly, two windows to protect emitter.
    I do like the low profile design, but I disagree with you on the smaller window being fine. I wouldn't want to go any smaller than an RMR window for carry, and larger would be welcome.

With enough training one could probably be able to find the dot on a draw reasonably well, but I think it would be a disadvantage with awkward positions and wouldn't be worth the advantage of being able to use normal sights at that point.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

I've played with it a bit. The tiny window is idiotic, but they're not keen to hear anything about it.
    Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

Quote Originally Posted by Tod-13 View Post
    I don't know. I like the solution though.

1) Low enough to use normal sights--smaller window is fine, especially for CC.
    2) If I read everything correctly, two windows to protect emitter.
    I carry a 19.5 with rmr2 primarily. Like 95% of the time since I got the jmck iwb3. It conceals pretty damn well. On a full size gun I really would be hesitant on a window that small. Maybe on a g43 type gun. Maybe. After all the rounds through my rmr2 I agree with above poster. Same size is minimum more is welcome if it can come in a package smaller than the delta point pro.

I hope trijicon and Leopoldo will continue to fix upon their rds systems. Because it is a smaller profile than the Acro. But I believe the Acro will be the only truly reliable rds available for a handgun. They are using a proven design that works amazingly in a t2 style optic and shrunk it down. So far the “window” style rds has not had the same track record.

Mine has been 100% reliable. But I have not beaten the shit out of it or had to go through Hell in battle with it. I do not know if things get truly sideways and it is not protected most of its life if it will survive. I would sadly say no.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just curious if anyone can comment on the newer gen 5 guns(g45, mos pistols) with the breech cut.

Are spent casings hitting the RMR window? The ejection on these pistols is very nice. It is certainly robust and consistent.

Quote Originally Posted by Trukinjp13 View Post
    But I believe the Acro will be the only truly reliable rds available for a handgun....So far the “window” style rds has not had the same track record...But I have not beaten the shit out of it or had to go through Hell in battle with it. I do not know if things get truly sideways and it is not protected most of its life if it will survive. I would sadly say no.
    I am not disputing your take on this, and I have zero experience with a pistol mounted RDS. I found the following review on the Holosun 507C to be interesting, and the presenter (I do not know him) seems to be informed, articulate and skilled. The review was sufficient to cause me to want to investigate the Holosun products when I move to an RDS.

https://youtu.be/JuOyq90oa-Q

Quote Originally Posted by Gray01 View Post
    I am not disputing your take on this, and I have zero experience with a pistol mounted RDS. I found the following review on the Holosun 507C to be interesting, and the presenter (I do not know him) seems to be informed, articulate and skilled. The review was sufficient to cause me to want to investigate the Holosun products when I move to an RDS.

Aaron Cowan is a MRDS SME.

My wife has several thousand rounds on a 507. I broke my 507 in just a few days, and am now starting to put rounds on its replacement.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    My wife has several thousand rounds on a 507. I broke my 507 in just a few days, and am now starting to put rounds on its replacement.
    Did it break sufficient to become inoperable? How did it break?

Are you continuing (replacement) with the Holosun?

Did it break sufficient to become inoperable? How did it break?

Are you continuing (replacement) with the Holosun?
    Dot started dimming, going intermittent, then switching on its own between a single dot and the circle dot.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Please continue to post regarding your experience with this line.

User Tag List