Page 107 of 114 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107108109 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 1138

Thread: RDS on a SemiAuto

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Just a little slower per shot and the majority are reliable is exactly why the RMR soon will be relegated to sending to third world allies if the Acro delivers and works as advertised.
    Doubtful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I still don’t have a red dot gun. Kept putting it off because I haven’t had an opportunity to shoot one. I’ve handled a Glock MOS gun that had an RMR and had no problems presenting the gun and seeing the dot. It was awesome for dry firing because I was able to watch the dot movement and all that. But didn’t get to live fire it.

Keep debating if I should take the gamble and have a Glock 19 or G45 milled for and RMR.

USPSA mag is pretty useless, I won't be renewing the subscription next year but I found this page from last issue mildly entertaining. Obviously this only pertains to gamer community. I wonder if S.W.A.T. mag could do something like this for tactical counterpart.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post

USPSA mag is pretty useless, I won't be renewing the subscription next year but I found this page from last issue mildly entertaining. Obviously this only pertains to gamer community. I wonder if S.W.A.T. mag could do something like this for tactical counterpart.
    They’re going all digital, if what I was told is true.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting that the Sig optic is #2. I had the impression it wasn't highly thought of.

Quote Originally Posted by Balisong View Post
    Interesting that the Sig optic is #2. I had the impression it wasn't highly thought of.
    Just a guess, but I’d say most of the Sigs were an RX Model which come w Sig dots. That would explain the %’s.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Balisong View Post
    I had the impression it wasn't highly thought of.
    Yeah, there isn't really a highly thought of choice out there. A lot of folks move in circles, going from one to another to third and hoping that they get a unit that last more than 10k. Apparently current Romeo 1 6 MOA is very bright so it has that going for it; if not for a shifting zero...
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

I ordered an RM07 with milling package last night and suppressor sights for my Glock. Excited.

I also want to try out a more gamer setup so thinking about buying an X5 and DPP.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Good thing the guy that set that pistol up installed Dawson FO BUIS in lieu of an extended warranty.
    Yes, the guy [cough...GJM...cough] did it right. I transitioned to the back up sights and has a respectable 113 A zone hits.

Turns out battery was in longer than I thought. New battery, dot back and strong.
    With liberty and justice for all...must be 18, void where prohibited, some restrictions may apply, not available in all states.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Bart Carter View Post
    I have a 5" Walther PPQ with a direct milled Shield. Through live and dry fire practice and a match, not a problem. I dry fired Friday and took it to a match Saturday. At the safety table, no dot. Tapping, no dot. Shot in the match, dot never came back. I get home later, the dot is back. Screws tight, mount feels solid. Dot today is now on. Any thoughts?
    The rest of the story:

Found out that the Shield battery may have been in as long as a year and a half. Depending on how the Shield was stored (how bright and how long the conditions) this was reasonable. I replaced the battery and all is good. The dot did seem to be not as bright the last couple of times I shot, so this may be an indicator. Or it could have been the white targets I was shooting at.

So, I will be storing with a black cloth over the Shield and replacing the battery once a year. Should be good to go. I'll report back on any Shield problems if they occur. So... no news is good news.
    With liberty and justice for all...must be 18, void where prohibited, some restrictions may apply, not available in all states.

User Tag List