Page 102 of 114 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1138

Thread: RDS on a SemiAuto

Quote Originally Posted by s0nspark View Post
    That is the Primary Machine Stealth comp: http://primarymachine.com/cz-p-07-09-stealth-comp/

It is pretty awesome It does help the gun shoot flatter, in my experience, but the degree of difference depends on what ammo you run through it (because of how comps work...) The hotter the ammo, the better!
    Have you tried any 147 standard velocity and if so what were the results.
    Last edited by UNK; 06-07-2018 at 10:03 AM.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Mark at L&M has been doing great work for years, and milled a bunch of slides for me, including a RMS Shield on a PPQ last month. Primary Machine just milled a P09 for a DP Pro for me and has a secondbunderway. They turned it in a week. Their install differs from some others in that they mill integral locator pins.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    ... including a RMS Shield...
    How are those Shields holding up? Any conclusions yet?

Appreciate it, guys!

I've been using handguns since I was a pup and I've ran an EoTech on my shoulder fired tools for a long time BUT I'm pretty new to the whole Micro Red Dot Pistol thing. Heck, I've only had ONE red dot range day (borrowed a CORE with a type 1 rmr).

I'll reach out to Mark at L&M, see how it goes.

Thanks again!
    "Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of liberty" ~ Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    Have you tried any 147 standard velocity and if so what were the results.
    Yes - my practice ammo is generally Speer Lawman 147gr and my current carry ammo is Winchester Ranger RA9T 147gr, both of which are standard pressure. I notice a difference shooting both rounds with the comp vs without - the RA9T seems to shoot a bit softer with less muzzle rise.

Based on how well the comp performs, I'm considering trying out 124gr +P HSTs for carry/non-suppressed use.
    "A man's character is his fate."

Quote Originally Posted by Bart Carter View Post
    I'm curious to this as well; I've been looking at the Suarez G43 slides and have been waiting to see more reports of them out in the wild before sinking that expense...

So far good, but too early to tell. I still think the DP pro is the number one gaming optic, and my hope for the Shield RMS is EDC.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by jwperry View Post
    I'm curious to this as well; I've been looking at the Suarez G43 slides and have been waiting to see more reports of them out in the wild before sinking that expense...
    I got to shoot a G19 w a Shield on it at the live fire night here at the OTOA. I liked it a lot. Thinking about getting one to mount on my G43 or my spare G19.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

OK, with the new Aimpoint just announced, I'm sure nobody cares about new RMR observations. I just purchased my third RMR and tried a variation. Background - I bought a Type 1 adjustable when they came out and used it on my HK45C without any issues. When the Type 2 came out, I had one mounted on my HKP30L by L&M Precision. When not being used for steel challenge, this gun sits in a small GunVault box on my night table. As mentioned in this thread, the Type 2 adjustable seems to reset itself to maximum brightness every 16 hours or so. Not really ideal. You have to get into a routine to adjust the brightness twice a day. Further, if you turn on a WML or flashlight, the red dot washes out if you've previously adjusted the emitter for night time. As lighting conditions change you have to adjust the brightness as you went from room to room or pointed the gun from a dark to light area. Not really too practical.

So my third RMR is the self adjusting model with no power switch or manual brightness capability. I found the brightness adjusts very quickly to changing lighting conditions. Latency is not an issue. The downside is in any normally lit room, the brightness of the dot is too bright, with some blooming of the dot. This does eliminate the problem of not being able to see the dot when you are in the shade and the target is in full daylight. This feature also allows you to see the dot easily when using a flashlight. I'm also wondering if the blooming is really an issue for a gun used for self defense, since you're not using it for a precision long range shot. The dot brightness seems perfect in sunlight, or at an indoor range, or in a dark room with no lights on. I'm wondering if the lack of switches for power and brightness might also increase the durability of the unit. I'd be interested in anyone else's observations along these lines.

Tom, could you post a picture of your P30L with the RMR that was done by L&M? I have been thinking of having it done, but images of it on the P30 are hard to find. Thanks in advance.

User Tag List