Page 97 of 114 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899107 ... LastLast

Thread: RDS on a SemiAuto

We ended up preferring the smaller dot on the RMR06.
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

Care package from Leupold arrived today!

Name:  53FE59CF-4E24-44AD-AE69-C547B1A9DC81.jpg
Views: 546
Size:  44.7 KB
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    Agreed, the smaller dot is better than the larger one for me.

Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    May I ask why the smaller dot was better?

I don't have an have any shops near me that carry RMRs. I experience problems with an irregular looking dot with my Aimpoint 4MOA dot due to astigmatism. I was wondering if the smaller RMR dot would appear sharper to those with vision issues. According to Sage Dynamis and Steve Fisher, the 6.5 MOA dot is there got to for ccw due to less wobble.
    Last edited by Gewehr3; 05-15-2018 at 09:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by StraitR View Post
    And this ^^^^ is why I'm waiting until either the next-gen MRDS's come out and get proven, or my eyesight get's to a point that I have no choice (currently no corrective eyewear). I tried the RMR on a 19mos, and didn't care for the small window/disappearing dot. Nothing else seems to stand up to the abuse though.

I love the theory, and subscribe to all the benefits, but I dislike the current hardware choices. If and when that new ultimate MRDS comes out, I'll look to have my Wilson commander milled, and probably a glock or two. I'd even like one on a 43 (is that a thing yet?)

Thank you @GJM for sharing your experience. I don't get to say this often on PF, but I believe you continue to save me money in this regard.
    This is exactly where I'm at. I am really happy folks are jumping on this and posting their results BUT I'm in the - 'Give it a minute, they're about to get better' camp.

Figure with these companies all competing, I can just wait for them to "one up" each other a few times. They compete, the buyer wins :-)

That's the plan, anyway. Of course having old eyes and a pocketful of money is putting my "plan" in jeopardy.

If I jump the gun, I'm leaning towards the RMR.
    "Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of liberty" ~ Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I have two recommendations. Wade in so you start learning, but do it on a disposable gun like a Glock or Walther with multi optic capability.
    Noob question of the day. Would this mean getting an MOS version of a Glock, or would I need to have a slide milled?

I've been lazy and only read the last few pages, then tried to do a google search to see if anyone has found a "fix" for the RMR fogging up due to temperature variations? I did find this thread:

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....MR-in-the-rain
    But photobucket has ruined some of the knowledge!

Scenario: I've vetted the reliability of a Suarez slide equipped RM06 G17.4 to the point I feel comfortable getting killed in the streets with it. I've been working lots of dry fire and feel comfortable with finding the dot on presentation. Last week I went for a hike with the family. It was fairly humid and I was sweating profusely. The pistol/RMR were making direct contact with my skin. I know it breaks a cardinal rule of concealed carry (no excessive/unneeded administrative handling) but on one of our stops/breaks I wanted to see if the dot had blinked off and how well my default brightness setting performed in the outdoor/shaded lighting conditions. I couldn't get a satisfactory view of the RMR while in the holster, so I removed it (always pointing in a safe direction) and found the RMR lens was fogged and a little damp. I tried wiping it off with my wet tshirt and that just made things worse.

Other than getting Crimson Trace grips or some other laser sighting system, has anyone found a satisfactory solution to coping with lens fogging? I really like the setup and have been pricing out a similar setup for G19.4, so I don't want to abandon the idea, but the amount of time I spend on/around the water is making me reconsider the viability of the a red dot setup on a concealed carry pistol for me.

Quote Originally Posted by jwperry View Post
    Other than getting Crimson Trace grips or some other laser sighting system, has anyone found a satisfactory solution to coping with lens fogging?
    I've heard of people using catcrap. Hopefully someone with actual hard use experience will chime in.

Quote Originally Posted by scw2 View Post
    Noob question of the day. Would this mean getting an MOS version of a Glock, or would I need to have a slide milled?
    A MOS type multi optic slide will give you most flexibility as optics mature.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by scw2 View Post
    I've heard of people using catcrap. Hopefully someone with actual hard use experience will chime in.
    The balm has worked well for me...

https://www.amazon.com/EK-Cat-Crap-L.../dp/B002ZNA488

(Just so we are talking about the right kind of cat crap LOL)
    "A man's character is his fate."

User Tag List