Page 96 of 114 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106 ... LastLast

Thread: RDS on a SemiAuto

I have two recommendations. Wade in so you start learning, but do it on a disposable gun like a Glock or Walther with multi optic capability.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I have two recommendations. Wade in so you start learning, but do it on a disposable gun like a Glock or Walther with multi optic capability.
    Burris Fast Fire 3 will fit on your Venom cut slide... They’re made by the same folks in China, though...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone with astigmatism have a preference for the 3.25 or 6.5 moa dot on the RMR?

Quote Originally Posted by Gewehr3 View Post
    Anyone with astigmatism have a preference for the 3.25 or 6.5 moa dot on the RMR?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@GJM

Please forgive me if I missed this but are these dying in competition? Have you ever tried one of the dual illuminated rmr's?

They have their negatives but they are extremely rugged.
    Last edited by 03RN; 05-12-2018 at 03:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gewehr3 View Post
    Having shot with both, 6.5 works best for me.

I find there to be less dot wobble with the larger size and the dot is easier to pick up at speed. Boosting the brightness causes the dot to bloom, which does help with visibility on the smaller sized dot, but I find it is not always ideal to run the dot so bright.

It really is worth seeing both in person if you can - YMMV ;-)
    "A man's character is his fate."

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Neither the RTS 2 or Shield are bright enough for my liking in bright sun when going at warp speed. The DP Pro has excellent brightness.
    That's interesting. I picked the Shield RMS 8 MOA because it seemed brighter than everything else, though I don't think I was able to test it side by side with the DP.
    Last edited by Johnny Bravo; 05-12-2018 at 07:36 AM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by s0nspark View Post

I find there to be less dot wobble with the larger size and the dot is easier to pick up at speed. Boosting the brightness causes the dot to bloom, which does help with visibility on the smaller sized dot, but I find it is not always ideal to run the dot so bright.

Same here. 6.5 preferred.

Quote Originally Posted by s0nspark View Post

Not only seeing them both in person, but seeing them in person under different lighting conditions. My 2moa dP pro and Sig Romeo1 dots look much larger indoors, even when turned down below the point of blooming. Outdoors in full sun they appear smaller and cleaner even when turned way up

I shot a Walther Q5/DP Pro in matches this weekend because they were pistols that had red dots that seemed to be functioning. Yesterday, at the match, a guy’s Cmore RTS2 went intermittent in a stage. Today, a Carry Optics shooter told me he ecently dropped his G5/34 DP Pro, and it cracked the display. The good news is one Q5/DP Pro got me through two days of matches without issue!

When we got home from the match today, headed back to the range to zero another brand new, Vortex Venom on my CZ P-09, which I really want to be shooting. After zeroing it, and shooting thirty rounds or so, I could not hit anything with it at 25 yards. Checked it on paper, and the zero had moved six inches right at twenty yards. Not impressed.

Despite my issues, the Delta Point Pro still seems like my best option today for a Carry Optics USPSA pistol.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List