Page 104 of 114 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 1138

Thread: RDS on a SemiAuto

Site Supporter
    Any info from people here about the Agency AOS? Sounds pretty good but I'm not big on early acceptance.

Quote Originally Posted by wmu12071 View Post
    Any info from people here about the Agency AOS? Sounds pretty good but I'm not big on early acceptance.
    Looks like they found a way to copy the Unity ATOM mount and not infringe on their patent. I imagine it'll be good to go.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Bart Carter View Post
    OK, another couple of months. How is our report on the RMSc coming along. Ready to give us some good news?
    No more info to add, as it has just been sitting in a bin.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

After 1300 rounds fired on a direct milled RMR (G17 Gen3 RTF2) I have experienced a wandering zero. I am still printing close groups, but they are all stacked in the bottom right 9 ring on a B8. After aligning the BUIS the dot now appears in the top left 8 ring - this is replicable in dry fire -, explaining why holding on the X printed low right. I have checked the mounting screws and there is no play, I cannot turn them even using the short end of the allen wrench. I did not make witness marks on the adjustment dials, so my presumption is that they have moved. I ended my last session with the dot aligned and printing in the center. So I am not quite sure how the knobs moved as there was nothing different in transit or storage.

With this in mind, my question is, should I bother rezeroing and witness marking the dials (and additionally "sealing" with clear nail polish), or should I, perhaps forgo the inevitable and, send the unit back to Trijicon for warranty work?
    Last edited by Quotron; 01-20-2019 at 01:50 AM.

I'd put witness marks on to tease it out better.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Site Supporter

Loss and Return of Dot

I have a 5" Walther PPQ with a direct milled Shield. Through live and dry fire practice and a match, not a problem. I dry fired Friday and took it to a match Saturday. At the safety table, no dot. Tapping, no dot. Shot in the match, dot never came back. I get home later, the dot is back. Screws tight, mount feels solid. Dot today is now on. Any thoughts?
    With liberty and justice for all...must be 18, void where prohibited, some restrictions may apply, not available in all states.

Low battery with a full washout in the sun?
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    Low battery with a full washout in the sun?
    2nd hand, so I don't know the battery use. Supposed to last for 2 years and it is way under that. But, I hope it is just that. I'll report back.
    With liberty and justice for all...must be 18, void where prohibited, some restrictions may apply, not available in all states.

Though I haven't dipped a toe into the SIG 320 pond (yet), and some of their corporate actions haven't made me eager to embrace the brand, I think SIG is taking the right approach to MRDS integration in both pistol and optic design. It appears SIG has updated the SIG XCARRY designs to use the Deltapoint Pro footprint. Of course, the M17/M18 adoption means that there will be hundreds of thousands of service pistols with the Leopold DPP footprint, so it makes sense that SIG would promote this standard. Converting their own ROMEO MRDS design to use the DPP footprint (the ROMEO2) is a smart business move. Time will tell whether SIG migrates the whole line over to this standard, but it makes a great deal of sense. But most importantly, it means the SIG pistols won't need an adapter plate to use the DPP, which is arguably becoming the most popular MRDS despite its limitations.

I think the SIG XVTAC design is another step in the right direction, getting the rear sight off the optic adapter plate, allowing for a true BUIS.

I hope other manufacturers, particularly Aimpoint and Trijicon, follow suit by offering their optics with a DPP footprint. Though adopting another manufacturer's standard is probably distasteful, the potential of selling an optic compatible with the new standard military sidearm should provide the necessary incentive.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    I hope other manufacturers, particularly Aimpoint and Trijicon, follow suit by offering their optics with a DPP footprint. Though adopting another manufacturer's standard is probably distasteful, the potential of selling an optic compatible with the new standard military sidearm should provide the necessary incentive.
    +100

There should be an industry standard footprint IMO. Adapter plates should simply allow different iron sight configurations like with the Agency AOS system.
    "A man's character is his fate."

User Tag List