Page 112 of 114 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114 LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,120 of 1138

Thread: RDS on a SemiAuto

Hopefully this will soon change, but as of today the DeltaPoint Pro is in no way suitable for duty/EDC use.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

"....but as of today the DeltaPoint Pro is in no way suitable for duty/EDC use."

Yup, unless you are in a unit that provides new batteries every day and a new sight every few months....
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    "....but as of today the DeltaPoint Pro is in no way suitable for duty/EDC use."

Yup, unless you are in a unit that provides new batteries every day and a new sight every few months....
    Not exactly. Thee are two main issues right now effecting a high percentage of DP Pro units. The motion detector is failing, and when the “+” dome piece that contacts the battery slips, the dot goes intermittent. That can and has happened in as few as a few days, and results in the dot either failing to come on when drawn, or the dot going intermittent and ultimately hard failing. Between my wife, YVK, two other CO shooters, and me, we have broken over 35 Pros in just over the last year. The good news is that Leupold is now on this. Until that happens, it is a major crapshoot as to whether your Pro will wake up when drawn or go intermittent at any time. It might start failing in a 100 rounds, or go as long as 22,000 rounds (the bookends of our failure experience), but it is hard to know how many rounds YOUR Pro will last. We have started inspecting the battery compartment to see if the + dome piece has begun slipping, which could offer a clue to that, if not the motion detector’s health.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Not exactly. Thee are two main issues right now effecting a high percentage of DP Pro units. The motion detector is failing, and when the “+” dome piece that contacts the battery slips, the dot goes intermittent. That can and has happened in as few as a few days, and results in the dot either failing to come on when drawn, or the dot going intermittent and ultimately hard failing. Between my wife, YVK, two other CO shooters, and me, we have broken over 35 Pros in just over the last year. The good news is that Leupold is now on this. Until that happens, it is a major crapshoot as to whether your Pro will wake up when drawn or go intermittent at any time. It might start failing in a 100 rounds, or go as long as 22,000 rounds (the bookends of our failure experience), but it is hard to know how many rounds YOUR Pro will last. We have started inspecting the battery compartment to see if the + dome piece has begun slipping, which could offer a clue to that, if not the motion detector’s health.
    I think he was referencing military units actually using the DPP...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sigfan26 View Post
    I think he was referencing military units actually using the DPP...

Are you suggesting they have a different version DP Pro than we do?

Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post

No. I was just reading his post...

Gary is absolutely in a position to know, so I absolutely believe him when he says they are in use. However, based on my personal experience, and the experiences of others I know, using a DP Pro today for combat use seems very ill advised.

Site Supporter
    Gary is absolutely in a position to know, so I absolutely believe him when he says they are in use. However, based on my personal experience, and the experiences of others I know, using a DP Pro today for combat use seems very ill advised.
    Way out of my lane here as I have about 10 rounds downrange of a RDS and am a novice shooter to begin with, but it also seems ill advised to use Vortex dots for combat use. After a conversation yesterday with a Raider, it seems like many of the dudes in MARSOC running dots are having G19 slides milled for Vortex dots (non-dod procured milling btw). I told him to get me details as Marines can break anything and RMRs have the best reputation for reliability with Vortex seemingly on the other end of the spectrum. He said he has heard of some running Trijicon but most of the ones he sees are Vortex. I’ll report back once he gathers dot related info for me if anyone is interested. If not I’ll just keep reading and not posting!
    Last edited by TOTS; 03-24-2019 at 06:42 PM. Reason: Grammar

Shot 300 rounds on a RMR today. Bought an atom slide and type two rmr 06 today. I am fully in and will be shooting glock for now until I figure out a way to mount a future rds to my 1911. The performance and advantage of the rds is something I can't wait on anymore. It was mind blowing how easy I could see, track the dot, and have full situational awareness while shooting.

Site Supporter
    I'm about to jump on board too. Most likely a G45 and type 2 RMR to test the waters with. If I like it I'll do a G19 as well for carry.

User Tag List