Page 74 of 114 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684 ... LastLast

Thread: RDS on a SemiAuto

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Edwin View Post
    There's an English PDF on their site...

http://www.docter-germany.de/fileadm...sightC_eng.pdf
    That's the C not the G.

Boo, I suck at reading.

Not willing to give up on the red dot for my wife's application, boondocking with our dog in open desert country, I recalled last night, that we have a Gen 3 19 with an Atom slide and a T1. She hit the range with it today, and was completely satisfied with the T1. While not as fast as a DP Pro, the combination of sealed emitter/long battery life/large adjustment knob made the T1 still very acceptable to her. She wished it fit n her 7TS ALS, which it does not, but it works fine in a Gideon.

It is zeroed with Gold Dot 124+P and ready to go.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    . . . I recalled last night, that we have a Gen 3 19 with an Atom slide and a T1. . .
    Wouldn't happen to have a photo or two of that set-up handy, would you?

Thanks!

VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Quote Originally Posted by RAM Engineer View Post
    I guess I wouldn't mind the deltapoint pro's worse battery life if it comes with the ability to change the battery without removing the optic from the slide.
    10 second battery changes.

https://www.leupold.com/hunting-shoo...eltapoint-pro/
    The tool-less, spring actuated battery compartment makes changing the battery quick
    FFL Type 01

"I have learned that wisdom can be as simple as substituting facts for assumptions."

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Housel View Post
    I'll keep a couple of spares in a tiny kydex holder on my belt and do tactical reloads during the lull in shooting. Lol!

Quote Originally Posted by RAM Engineer View Post
    I'll keep a couple of spares in a tiny kydex holder on my belt and do tactical reloads during the lull in shooting. Lol!
    This.

Or, a Kydex carrier for a whole spare upper unit, ready to swap in even less elapsed time.

On a more-serious note, for the street/field, A Second Gun, with iron sights. I can foresee an opponent's low bullet strike plowing a furrow in the SE Texas Coastal Prairie "Black Gumbo" soil, sending flying sticky black balls of doom, which cannot be readily wiped-away. (Do not dismiss this possibility, until you have experienced flying Black Gumbo for one's-self!) The Second Gun, with iron sights, solves several foreseeable problems, that are not necessarily solved by co-witness iron sights. The relative compactness of the G19 allows me to carry two of them with relative ease, or the Second Gun can be a G26, still able to share mags. Life is good.
    Last edited by Rex G; 03-11-2017 at 04:10 PM.

User Tag List