Thread: Thumbnails or Resized Images

Question Thumbnails or Resized Images

Is there any way when I directly upload images and include them in a post to have them automatically resized or shown as a thumbnail? Resizing a bunch of pictures by hand is a serious deterrent to uploading pictures for my training journal and DotW.

Name:  IMAG0639.jpg
Views: 132
Size:  16.7 KB

Testing.

Huh. It appears I didn't do enough research into this. I was expecting to see an option somewhere, or relevant BB tags for resizing/thumbnails. But I guess it "just works". I was afraid to proceed with uploading a bunch of very large images to my training journal, as I recall people being chided for uploading images without cropping/resizing them in the past.

Sorry for wasting everyone's time!

How to upload pic for avatar

I'm having trouble adding a photo to my profile picture. What am I missing?

Since we've resurrected this...

When you link to an external image, there's an option to save a local copy. This often fails because the image is too big. Of course, in those cases, the image is often too big to comfortable fit in a post anyway. An option to thumbnail/resize linked images would be super cool. Though, I wonder if it's too much of a resource hog.

If you're worried just save the photo to your desktop, open in Microsoft Paint, and hit the resize button to use whatever percentage trips your trigger.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

User Tag List