Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Interesting open carry experience today

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_White View Post
    Bait for what, old ladies that want to rob his pastel clothes?
    Probably not for little old ladies, bro.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Site Supporter
    We are starting to see 30.07 signs appearing in TX. Lots of reports at the HEB supermarket chain. Thankfully, no 30.06s with it. If the law had allowed one sign to ban all carry, it would have been a disaster for CHL. Luckily, the smart folks at TSRA, etc. avoided that. OC had the potential to negate the CHL progress.

Some folks say now they will BOYCOTT HEB - that's a fart in the whirlwind.

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post

For the LIFE OF ME, I can't figure out why ANYONE who doesn't have to open carry (uniformed police) would every choose to do so...
    Completely agree, outside of a woods/hiking/outdoor/fishing environment. Even then, I'm as just as likely carrying concealed. Common sense and appropriateness seems lost on some of these folks. And like Glenn says below, OC in urban environments has the serious potential to cause serious harm to CCW acceptance.

Site Supporter
    That's the truth. A non-committed person sees a goober with a 'tactical' rig strolling through the market - well, didn't the San Bernadino folks show up 'tactical'?

Great PR moments.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LSP552 View Post
    Completely agree, outside of a woods/hiking/outdoor/fishing environment. Even then, I'm as just as likely carrying concealed. Common sense and appropriateness seems lost on some of these folks. And like Glenn says below, OC in urban environments has the serious potential to cause serious harm to CCW acceptance.
    Completely agree with this ^^^^.

One of the big issues with urban OC here in TX is many of its biggest proponents are people who while not prohibited persons, and legally able to own firearms, are ineligible for a TX CHL due to misdemeanor convictions resulting from poor life choices. I wonder how many of them will continue to OC without the new LTC? I think this will be the biggest source of problems.

Open carry is tactically unsound. Hard to watch 6 unless you always have a team. Gives up the element of surprise.
    Story to illustrate this point. About 1976 I was present at this discussion. 2 guys call them 1 and 2. 1 has a new Gerber boot knife. 2 admires it and suggests that he conceal it if 1 is going to carry it. 1 asks why ? 2 says " I have been places where someone would take you out to take it from you. I knew 2 well and he was a good but hard guy and had been places where knives etc... had been used.

Site Supporter
    An unintended consequence - I saw some new 'ghost busters' signs around town (that's a red circle with something crossed out). They don't have force of law but maybe the business thinks that will fool some gun folks or make antigun folks more secure.

Of course, if Pro-gun OsCar asks about it and they say they don't want guns - you have be notified and banned f

User Tag List