Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Glock vs Beretta 92

Site Supporter
    Ain't that the truth. Pretty damn sad to see the liberal PC attitude in the profession of warriors.

Sent from my VS876 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    If you are still in DOD, then stick with the M9 for now. Otherwise, over the long term, your back will probably like you more if you go with a polymer frame pistol like a G17...
    Is your back mad at you for all those years carrying a 1911? I don't even have that excuse, but my back has expressed to me a very strong view that too much weight on a belt is no longer going to be tolerated.

Site Supporter
    I am almost in agreement with those who say it doesn't matter...almost.

From a marksmanship perspective, sights and trigger is still sights and trigger, and skill carries over from other platforms. However, IMHO, if there's a chance you'll deploy with a pistol, I'd vote for the Beretta, for two main reasons.

First, if you wind up in a situation where your chain of command forces you to carry it "on safe", you want to have plenty of practice deactivating it during the draw. (I am old enough not to have to worry about what most people think, so this hasn't applied to me in a long time.)

Secondly, if you actually have to use it, you want to have the decocking habit down pat...as in completely ingrained to where it's so automatic you don't even consciously think about it. That is not a habit you develop by shooting Glocks.

HTH
    Last edited by Dave J; 10-17-2015 at 06:05 PM.

GardoneVT,

I'm not trying to derail this thread, but do you still wear a uniform or recently get out? I lol'ed really hard at your spot on comments about the true bureaucracy of the military and prioritizing sexual assault training over getting personnel trigger time or quality tactical training, because it so perfectly answers why I'm debating really hard at denying my next assignment and getting out.

I'm just a regular troop who has been lucky enough to be able to complain into an ear sympathetic and powerful enough to grant my wishes of attending some semi high-speed training that does not remotely relate to what my unit actually does. Even then, if I want to seriously train, I have to leave the country on my own dime and time, where absolutely no officer supervision is going to suck the utility out of my efforts under the pretension of "safety".

Quote Originally Posted by Kalashnikovkid View Post
    GardoneVT,

I'm not trying to derail this thread, but do you still wear a uniform or recently get out? I lol'ed really hard at your spot on comments about the true bureaucracy of the military and prioritizing sexual assault training over getting personnel trigger time or quality tactical training, because it so perfectly answers why I'm debating really hard at denying my next assignment and getting out.
    Staying in or getting out is between you and Uncle Sam. I kept an open mind about being a 20 year man through my Air Force stint, but the day my "Hell 2 The Naw" lightbulb lit was this day.

I came into work and noticed the HQ folks were going to un-block Facebook and Instagram from the .mil computers. I went "eh, whatever" and shuffled to the supervisor's desk for the day's work.

We get to talking about guns, and he blabs about covering a Springfield SOCOM .308. At that time my gun knowledge began and ended with the AFMAN 10-100.

At my clueless look, he said "screw it I'll show yah." He fires up Internet Explorer to punch in Springfield .com when this happens

"ERROR XYZ : UNAUTHORIZED WEBSITE. BLOCKED BY DOD ORDER blahblahblah- whatever. FORBIDDEN CATEGORY:GUNS ,VIOLENCE "

We tried it again.

Same screen.

Now it was his turn to look dumfounded. Here we were, law abiding servicemen in uniform on an active duty military installation in a time of war, blocked from viewing a gun website like we were in the Washington DC Brady Campaign main lobby.

Good thing we could check our Facebook status though!
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

I just sold my last 17 to buy a 92G....Got an AIWB holster for it, and TONS of parts from WC....I'm happy!

Quote Originally Posted by azerious View Post
    I just sold my last 17 to buy a 92G....Got an AIWB holster for it, and TONS of parts from WC....I'm happy!
    Enjoy! I love mine, especially after adding the excellent WC trigger bar & 12# mainspring.

Quote Originally Posted by FredM View Post
    Enjoy! I love mine, especially after adding the excellent WC trigger bar & 12# mainspring.
    It has re-ignited my love for shooting again, and adding/upgrading parts is sooo much more rewarding on the Beretta than the glock. As far as performance changes. I.E. Trigger, steel parts, grips, etc etc!

I have one pistol... a Glock 19. It's my carry gun, my comp gun, my range gun... You get the idea. I like guns, and if I had more money I'd have more guns but, I have other expensive hobbies that consume my money and if my one pistol does the trick why waste money on another?

Even if I was a bottomless pit of cash and had a room full of guns, I'd really only shoot/carry one at any given time.

Most of the people I see who own a ton of guns and shoot them all can't seem shoot any one of them particularly well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List